“A bit of regional focus and good preparation.”
Review of Amazing Thailand

Amazing Thailand
Ranked #269 of 1,945 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Description: Sawatdee kha! Welcome to Amazing Thailand, home of authentic Thai cuisine in Uptown, Minneapolis! Join us for our Thai Street food lunch, daily Happy Hour, or dinner with a group of friends. See you soon!
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I came with a sick friend who needed some soup on a cold winter’s night. He got more than he bargained for and certainly felt better afterwards. I started with veggie springs rolls. These generous, could have used a few more veggies in the veggie-noodle mix. The peanut sauce was OK—Quang’s is better. As it was my first time here, I ordered Pad Thai, my index dish for Thai restaurants. This is Bangkok Street food and shouldn’t be dressed up too much. This one was good Thai comfort food. Could have used a few more peanuts and I thought it odd that they are served on the side. As a vegetarian it was a nice touch to find it with both deep fried tofu and mock duck.

The other things I tasted were delicious, especially the stir fry, which will be my choice next time.

Service was prompt and friendly. It was pricey compared to other Thai places in Minneapolis, $30 a head without dessert and only 1 appetizer for four of us. All in all it was a satisfying first adventure and I will likely return.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We were craving delicious, spicy Thai food on a freezing Minneapolis day. We stopped at Amazing Thailand and were extremely pleased. We started with the spring rolls that were delicious and fresh. Then we had a stir fry with rainbow veggies and beef with a wonderful spicy warmth that warmed us up! Excellent food.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

On 01/01/18. I've ordered the Thai Chicken Fried Rice with no veggies and was shocked at the price/food amount ratio! For almost $18 for this entrée, I was about to cancel my order and go somewhere else yet wanted to see if the food was worth the price. To be honest, the food was alright. I think the price isn't worth paying. This restaurant is the most I have ever paid for a Thai entrée.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Visited my son at U of M, have heard many great things about this restaurant from people in my area so of course we needed to check it out. Totally worth the 45 min bus ride from Saint Paul. We were able to sit out in the little alley, very quaint. My son is vegan and we were both very happy with the selections he was able to pick from. He settled on the pumpkin curry and I had the ginger chicken with a chai ice tea. Both delicious and enough for breakfast the next morning.Our waitress Lauren was super friendly,spunky and fast with a nice smile! It was a great place to say goodbye to MN and my boy :(

1  Thank Rae R
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We enjoyed the atmosphere at Amazing Thailand along with the many generous plates of food. We started with cream cheese wontons which were huge and filled with delicious cream cheese and golden fried - they could definitely feed two or three people easily. We also ordered their Pad Thai with shrimp which again was a very generous serving and very flavorful, the ingredients were very fresh and it was really enough for four meals as we shared dishes. It is nice that you can order your spice level from one to five. We also ordered the grilled salmon with mango and mashed potatoes which came with fresh mangoes and a mango sauce that was perfectly matched for the salmon which was cooked to perfection - again a very large portion and could easily be shared. Service was very prompt and pleasant and we will enjoy returning.