1,189 results
All reviews bank restaurant wine cellar stainless steel pool front desk heavenly bed bank vault valet parking pool and hot tub beautiful hotel historic building beautiful lobby light rail king room business center heart of downtown twin cities lobby bar
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

On a recent stay, we had a couple minor mishaps with our reservation. But Kelly (Manager) was fantastic and really looked after us. Thanks Kelly!
We will definitely be back, looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Vacationer822375, Sales Administrative Assistant at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Although we are sorry to hear that you had minor mishaps, we are overjoyed that Kelly was able to fix the situation for you and ultimately improved your stay. Our team members are always striving to exceed our guests expectations through excellent customer service. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

After traveling to get to Minneapolis for work all I wanted to do was check in and go right to bed. However I paid for and booked a king bed executive room. Get to my room only to find I'm with 2 queen beds and not an executive room. Ok not the end of the world I'll just have them correct. Wrong! I called the front desk only to be told the room I booked they didn't have until tomorrow night. Not going to help! I then asked why they would allow guests to book rooms with specific views/amenities if they didn't in fact have them available. I shouldn't be punished just because I arrived later at night due to travel. The response was rude and that they have no clue. Again not helpful. If you're going to oversell rooms I get it but you best be ready to upgrade people to even better rooms not worse. I've had stellar service at other hotels here downtown so this will be a one and done trip after this experience.

Also there were grease forehead stains on the window. It's because my city view is actually 5 feet from the next building.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Engornick,

Thank you for reaching out, I apologize about your experience, we have our Front Office Manager reaching out to you via email now.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Maybe I expect too much from a Westin. The hotel is well located for Minneapolis. It is in an old bank and is nicely furnished. Room was comfortable, clean, spacious etc.

Service was good - though the breakfast service and food was very average and I felt hustled for the tip.

So while it was good it felt like an average business hotel. It was small things like the elevator key not working and a staff member just saying press the button for every floor.

I just expect a Westin to be top notch and it isn’t.

One final point - it was however cheap for a Westin.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Pocock1,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate when guests like yourself take time to review our hotel. I apologize your visit was during the time we had an electric malfunction with our elevators, we do our best not to have technical issues impede the guest experience, we will retrain the associates to better communicate when we have faults. Again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This is the worst hotel in all of America. I booked a room at 1 am planning on coming in that day. Well my grandmother had an accident, and ended up on a ventilator completely brain dead passing away a few days after the fact. Of course due to this I wasn't able to come to Minneapolis and instead had to go to see her. I called the hotel assuming well they will cancel my reservation no problem. Since it is a special circumstance out of my control. NOPE. The woman I spoke with was EXTREMELY rude, and seemed to have 0 compassion for another person. My mother called later and spoke with an employee name Sean who told her not to worry about it and that he would make sure I wasn't charged. Well either he wasn't at the desk or lied because when Priceline called them to attempt to cancel it for free they denied the request. I don't understand how a hotel can be so heartless and show such little compassion for a fellow human. I will NEVER stay at this hotel. I really hope you don't either. Thank you for the time it took to read all of this.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Denver B
Jennifer P, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

We are extremely alarmed by your statement regarding us being the worst hotel in America, we take feedback very seriously. While an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I empathise regarding the points you outlined, this level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came to Minneapolis for a quick 24 hour trip during a layover.

As soon as we walked in, the service was impeccable. Dan at the front desk gave some great tips of what to do in the evening and where to go.

The next morning, Mike at the front desk though, took it to a whole other level. He basically created a road map for us for the rest of the day. He pointed out some great bars and restaurants, drew out everywhere to go, had personality for days and was actually a pure joy just to chat with.

We had one minor issue that we just wanted to point out and he went over and above to correct it.

The hotel itself is beautiful. Rooms are clean, the pool (another one of mikes suggestions) is really cool. I won’t give it away, go check it out yourself!

I don’t have any plans of coming back to Minneapolis soon but if I do, I’m staying at the Westin Minneapolis, Hopefully Mike is working.

Great job!

Roop

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you vary much for your positive review! It makes us very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we are sorry to hear that you had a minor issue, we are glad to hear that our staff was able to remedy the situation for you. We take pride in our team members like Dan and Mike that go above and beyond when providing customer service. We hope to see you again soon!