“Wonderful Weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My Fiancee and I had tickets to a show in Minneapolis last weekend and wanted to do something special so we got a Suite at the Westin. The room was beautiful and very clean. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and we had a wonderful time!! We would and will definitley recommend this property to others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We booked our rooms through Expedia only to check in at the hotel and have them say they double booked and don't have a room for us. Hotel staff offered no compensation. This same scenario happened to another group checking in who used Orbitz to book. Supervisor Claudia was terribly rude and not helpful.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Mv198
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Westin Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our staff while staying at the Westin. Please accept my sincere apology. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience at our hotel in greater detail,

Thank you.

Warm Regards,
Mark Deinhart
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I am staying here while planning for an upcoming wedding. We have blocked rooms for our family and friends to stay here so I was happy to try it out before everyone arrives for the summer event. Now I am sure I have made a great choice. The building, being an old bank, has much more character than a generic chain hotel. The group sales office, Mr. Adam Levy in particular, has been wonderful in getting our group set up. I was able to see the available rooms for a pre-wedding gathering and it will be just right for our needs. All of the staff I have encountered have been professional and friendly. They have a can do attitude so that helps me to feel that they are willing to take the extra steps to make everyone feel comfortable. And, speaking of comfortable...the bed is great and just what I needed to come back to after a busy day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jeannieray
Coon Rapids
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I received two hotel rooms for my bachelorette party night. The location was GREAT and easy to get to. The rooms were clean and fancy. I felt right at home. The beds and pillows were just as comfy as mine! Our rooms were on the 10th floor, and even had a great VIEW! I would come back for a stay in a heart beat! All of the girls were impressed. Thanks MARK DEINHART!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank alyspreg1
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We came to the hotel to celebrate a special birthday. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our time. We had a private dining room off their restaurant Bank which allowed freedom for the kids to play and not disrupt other diners but also allowed the adults to converse and relax. Our waiter, Bart, was awesome and was great with the kids. He took extra time with them and even did some entertaining. I recommend the rock shrimp...delicious!!!!! The General manager, Mark, came by to welcome us and made us feel like VIPs. The rooms are emaculate. We really enjoyed our Heavenly bed and bath. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Minneapolis!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family