“What if there were a W for grown-ups?”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Oakland, California
“What if there were a W for grown-ups?”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

It just might turn out like the Le Meridien Chambers. Just back from a five day conference in Minneapolis, and this was a great choice for our small group. I have an aversion to staying at conference hotels, and my colleagues andI were very happy at LMC.

Some things will remind one of a W--music everywhere, hip-ish younger staff, and a terrific bar. But unlike a W, the music wasn't too loud, and it never got annoying. My room was a nice size--larger than expected.. The bed--oh my goodness, was this a comfortable bed! A firm mattress topped by a plush featherbed--just like I like it!

If you're an art aficionado, this is the spot. There's a gallery connected to the hotel, and the place is bursting with original installations throughout. I especially liked the video display opposite the elevators.

Not as luxe as the nearby Hotel Ivy, which is also a Starwood property, but I would stay here again when in MPLS. It's an easy walk to the Nicollet Mall, the Target Center and Target Field, and some very cool bars.

It is a small hotel, so check in and out at busy times can be a bit slow--there never seemed to be more than one person behind the counter.

Room Tip: The hotel consists of two older buildings with a modern connector. The two of us who stayed in rooms...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Hello rastaman85,
Greetings from Le Méridien Chambers! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of LMC shortly after your conference in Minneapolis! It sounds like you enjoyed the overall experience at the luxury art hotel; we hope enjoyed Minneapolis just as much! We appreciate the well rounded advice you had to share with those seeking to stay in downtown Minneapolis! Thank you for the recommendation!

Safe travels,
Le Méridien Chambers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Grafton
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My family and I have traveled to many states and stayed in many different hotels and resorts. Recently, my daughters went to Minneapolis for a concert. While looking online for a hotel near to the concert, I came across Le Meridien Chambers. What a find! Of all the hotels we have ever stayed in, this one was the most beautiful. And not only that, it was very clean, luxurious accommodations, friendly, helpful staff and excellent food in the restaurant. To top it off, the price was extremely reasonable. We have paid much more for rooms all across the country and they didn't even come close to our stay at Le Meridien. I would recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hello JKA21,
Thank you for taking the time to share this incredible 5 star review with the Trip Advisor Community. We couldn’t be more thankful for your superior recommendation as we are very grateful that you and your family found Le Méridien Chambers accommodating to all of your family’s needs. We welcome you back, any time for another unforgettable experience!

Best,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here while in town for a conference. Good location just three blocks from the heart of Nicollet Mall. Only 5 blocks from the light rail station (about 25 minutes from the airport and only $2.25!).

Check-in was pleasant. This was actually a Priceline booking and I couldn't make the first night due to a canceled flight. They checked me in over the phone and took my credit card number. So I was able to just pop in and pick up my room key.

D'Amico restaurant is on the main floor with entry through the hotel. Great food, but a little pricey.

The hotel was a little strange, but in a good way. There is modern art everywhere and strange mood music in the elevator, complete with black lights! The hallways are a little narrow and lined with small TVs with some type of performance art going 24/7. The whole place has a real industrial, modern feel.

Room was very roomy and modern. Bed was divinely comfortable with soft (e.g., your head sinks in) pillows. My favorite! Good work area. Flat screen swivel TV near the bed and another in the bathroom (I must install one in my house!). Water pressure in the bathroom was great and super hot. Not a lot of storage space in the bathroom though.

Room service for ice was prompt. Internet is free in the lobby, but I am on the second floor and have had no problems. So if this is important ask for a lower floor close to the elevators.

I would stay here again....not worth rack rates, but I was happy with the Priceline win.

Room Tip: Low floor near elevators will get you free internet in your room!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I had 3 different rates each night of my stay - at $89, this was an incredible value. At $240, it was fine. Room so spacious I could have worked out in it, extremely soft and comfortable bed. Bathroom not cleaned particularly well...leftover hair.

And $12.95 for wifi? Really? It's just a basic in hotels these days, particularly at a brand I'd consider luxury. Really left a bad taste in my mouth, particularly since I didn't feel there was much to the hotel or service.

The staff were professional but very distant. Didn't offer much about the hotel, ask if I needed directions, or have many answers about the questions I did have for them. A package was left for me at check in but until the person who left it told me, I had no idea since the staff didn't mention it.

The hotel restaurant was fine but unremarkable. I intended to check out the fitness center but that cushy bed prevented me from it.

Room Tip: I was pleasantly surprised that a 2nd floor room on the street wasn't loud at all. Courtyard-fac...
1 Thank KK_InRealLife
Hello KKirk,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at Le Méridien Chambers. My personal apologies that our guest service fell below expectations; due to the size and nature of our hotel, we love that this presents numerous opportunities to connect with our guests on more personal level. Furthermore, thank you for addressing your cleanliness issues you experienced, this is below Le Méridien standards and we promise to work harder to make sure that this does not happen again. Please see my direct message for follow up conversation.

Best,
Minneapolis
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I are from Minneapolis and stayed at this property for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We reserved a luxury suite - I really wanted a room with a nice, deep, bath tub. The property is very modern looking and clean - there are art installations throughout the hotel. Our suite had a sitting area, bedroom, full bathroom, and a half bathroom. The beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and the full bathroom was amazing! A huge rain shower, the amazing egg-shaped soaking tub, a tv, great smelling products, numerous lighting settings. It was incredible.

There was an event going on that night and there was loud music and heavy bass around 9:30. I was trying to sleep, so my husband called down to ask when the event would be over. The front desk staff apologized and upgraded us to the penthouse suite! This had a similar set up as our suite but with higher ceilings, windows all around, and a wrap-around balcony. Very cool but definitely not worth 10 times the price of the suite we had originally reserved. We truly appreciated the hotel's willingness to move us out of the noisy room.

All in all, a very pleasant experience and a lovely anniversary. We had dinner at D'Amico Kitchen attached to the hotel. Food and atmosphere was great, I'd definitely recommend it. We ordered breakfast from room service and it was pretty darn good. The food came within 25 minutes, which is the quickest room service I've ever had anywhere.

We'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello jracleveland,

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate taking the time to share your experience while you were celebrating such a special occasion so thank you for choosing Le Méridien Chambers to do so. I want to personally apologize that you were inconvenienced however I am happy to hear that we were able to upgrade you to our Penthouse Suite. Finally, thank you for the recommendation and we hope to have you in-house in the near future.