It just might turn out like the Le Meridien Chambers. Just back from a five day conference in Minneapolis, and this was a great choice for our small group. I have an aversion to staying at conference hotels, and my colleagues andI were very happy at LMC.
Some things will remind one of a W--music everywhere, hip-ish younger staff, and a terrific bar. But unlike a W, the music wasn't too loud, and it never got annoying. My room was a nice size--larger than expected.. The bed--oh my goodness, was this a comfortable bed! A firm mattress topped by a plush featherbed--just like I like it!
If you're an art aficionado, this is the spot. There's a gallery connected to the hotel, and the place is bursting with original installations throughout. I especially liked the video display opposite the elevators.
Not as luxe as the nearby Hotel Ivy, which is also a Starwood property, but I would stay here again when in MPLS. It's an easy walk to the Nicollet Mall, the Target Center and Target Field, and some very cool bars.
It is a small hotel, so check in and out at busy times can be a bit slow--there never seemed to be more than one person behind the counter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis is the country's first luxury art hotel. We have 60 guest rooms on 5 floors of 2 historic buildings and offer guests free admission to Walker Art Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Chambers Hotel Minneapolis