“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this boutique hotel while visiting friends in Minneapolis. I found a great deal on a discount website and was very pleased with our stay. The location was exactly where we wanted to be. The decor is clean and modern. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom very clean. My favorite thing about this room was the bathroom. The shower had a rainfall shower head which was so nice and the floors were heated!! There is not a ton of space in the room, but it was exactly what my husband and I needed - a place to sleep and shower. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: You may want to suggest a room without a courtyard view for less noise
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear MI_Traveler49506,
We are very grateful for your comments during your visit with us at Le Méridien Chambers. Furthermore, we are happy that you enjoyed the heated floors and our rainfall showers! We invite you back to Le Méridien Chambers to discover a new perspective!

Best,

Le Méridien Chambers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Apparently on Monday night this hotel thinks its an awesome idea to have music in the hallway all night and music in the courtyard until 2:00AM ... mind you, this is December in Minnesota. Not to mention the pipes make giant banging sounds every 5 minutes. Awful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bestadviceever
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Chambers is a boutique hotel right in the heart of the Minneapolis entertainment district. The rooms and the hotel are filled with original artwork. The furnishings and the beds are wonderful. A wonderful surprise for me was stepping into the bathroom at night and realizing that the floor is heated. During a cold Minneapolis night, the floors were certainly a delight!

I have stayed at the Chambers for both business and pleasure. I find myself being drawn to the hotel when I am not up for the large hotel experience and dragging my bags across large lobbies and up to the 30th floor and down to the end of the hall. I like being about to just steps away from my room.

In terms of service, I have had mixed experiences in my 8-10 stays. Generally the service is extremely professional and helpful. At times people at the front desk are somewhat clueless. The good news is that things get worked out, it just takes time. I won’t stay at hotels where the service is bad. The Chambers gets 8 of 10 stars on service. Chances are your experience will be excellent. If you run into a dud, give them an extra chance.

Room Tip: The executive suites are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ServiceMatters86
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here as part of a birthday celebration. We thought the room was very nice...modern and comfortable. The view of a brick wall and alley wasn't too fantastic, but we didn't stay here to look out the window so not abig deal. Bed and bathroom were great, everything was spotless and clean. We wanted to watch a DVD or two and the front desk brought us a DVD player (at no charge!) which was a nice touch. The location is great and the restaurant downstairs was also awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Hennepin or 9th so you don't get an alley view.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife and I spent a recent night at the Le Meridien Chambers. It was a very nice, smaller hotel. The room was an architects dream! We have stayed at all of the downtown Minneapolis Starwood hotels (except the Aloft). The classic room was simple, but the attention to detail in the design was evident. It is not flashy or quirky like the W, not as comfy as the Hotel Ivy, and not as warm as the Westin. One downside of the hotel is that there are a fair number of rooms without much of a view. Ours looked out on an alley with another building close, so we kept our window blinds closed for most of the time. The location is great - right across from the Orpheum and Brave New Workshop. We ate at the D'Amico Kitchen in the hotel and it was fantastic (see my other review). One suggestion - we parked in a City of Minneapolis parking ramp (garage) next to the hotel for the night at the total sum of $5. It wasn't the most active ramp on the weekend night - typically we have parked at the City ramp beneath the Hilton when we do overnights. As I said, the room was simple, but attractive. My wife thought it was too "white" and needed some splash of color to liven it up and make it more warm. Service was good, rate was good, and it was the perfect quiet evening away!

Room Tip: I may recommend the "Deluxe" room instead of the "classic" rooms. I am assuming...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple