All reviews global market northwestern hospital large bus shuttle service within miles the room was nice st paul continental breakfast comfortable stay restaurant bar great rate few blocks abbot sears greenway parking fi
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a comfortable home base for a couple of days while I attended a conference at the Convention Center, which is about two miles away. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The WiFi at my location was not great, but I did have good cell phone coverage. The staff were friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the complementary shuttle service for a 5 mile radius. This included picking me up from the Convention Center, but not airport service.

The neighborhood is a bit gritty, but I felt safe walking as I explored. It was clean, and included many Latino small businesses. There were colorful, cheerful murals on many walls. I loved the Midtown Global Market next door—wonderful selection of small international restaurants. One evening they also had a community talent show for me to watch while I ate my dinner. Also, around the corner is a fantastic bookstore dedicated to science fiction and mysteries!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie I
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Unlike some, I like these older more unique buildings: especially when they've managed to maintain a sense of style.

I think they've pulled it off here. The room we were in had all dark (I think cherrywood) furniture & door. I liked the headboard of the bed the best though - padded, plaid - it made me think of old Matt Helm movies. Bathroom had a glass encolsed shower - no tub. But, it too brought in a funky style - FRENCH DOORS tolet us in & out.

So, older but with all the amenities given in a retro vibe.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank KCC_ND
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Recently stayed at Sheraton Midtown which physically is a nice property, Checkin was slow even with only one person ahead of us. I asked for the shuttle to be called to take us to a wedding we were attending. The desk attendant called but did not tell me how long he expected us to wait. I went up to ask him and he was on his cell phone and didn't look up. We decided to call an Uber so we wouldn't be late as at that point he finally told me 10-15 minutes. When we arrived back after midnight, the elevator was out of order. There was a sign on one side and the attendant is yelling across the room at us to push both the up and down buttons which we did. We messed around with it for at least 10 minutes and he never came over to assist us...just watched us trying to figure it out . There was no one around to attend to. Finally after arriving in the room, I tried to call down to the desk to get a pillow that was not downfilled. The phone in the room did not work. 3 times, I called the hotel from the phone number posted on the phone and it was never answered. The property was clean. Very few electrical outlets, Staff left much to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2018

So disappointed in this property, I will be moving to another hotel for the rest of my stay in the area. The first room I was given still had room service dishes sitting outside the room (at 6:30 pm) and when I got in, found it was infested with ants, and I am talking a LOT of ants. Staff did move me, but weren't apologetic. When I got to the second room, there was no refrigerator or microwave. I called to ask, and the staff said they could have one brought up for $10 a night! They were not willing to comp it, in spite of my earlier experience. I used to think quality and customer service when I thought Sheraton, not any more.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 21/2 weeks while my mother was in Abbott northwestern hospital. Great place to stay for being close to the hospital! Nice having the shuttle to transport us to and from the hospital. Stayed in different rooms on all four floors, the forth floor was the nicest for having continental breakfast and coffee and beverages when you wanted. Great staff! The restaurant that’s located in the hotel has great food! If your not a big eater I suggest you split a meal.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family