“Awesome place in an up and coming part of town”
Review of Stella's Fish Cafe

Stella's Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Cross street: Girard
Description: Stella's Fish Cafe & Prestige Oyster Bar is a casual seafood restaurant located in the heart of Minneapolis' bus sling Uptown neighborhood. Specializing in accessibly priced super fresh fish & oysters, chef specialties, sushi, pastas and steaks, Stella's serves it all up in a warm & lively setting, devoid of pretension or snootiness. Stella's proudly presents these specials: "Lobster Lover's Sundays" $19.95 gets you a one and a quarter pound whole Maine Lobster! (served a la carte). "Sushi Wednesday": Buy any 2 sushi rolls today and get a FREE Stella roll... "Crab Grab Thursday": One and a quarter pound of Red Alaskan King Crab... Just $19.95 (served a la carte)" Happy Hours with $half price oysters, 2 for 1 taps, rails and house wines.. as well as a great happy hour food selection at amazing prices. Open daily at 11:30am for lunch. Reservations are always accepted for dinner, and don't miss the late night happy hour and bar atmosphere until 2am. Pop up to "On Top Of Stella's" rooftop patio & brand new 360 SkyDeck boasting Minneapolis' Best City Views. Groups Welcome! 3 Banquet Rooms allow for groups of 20-200 guests. Our banquets offer a unique space, menu and professional staff, your event is a guaranteed success!
Reviewed 8 May 2017

My husband and I had a great experience here! We ordered the Skuna Bay Salmon with the lemon basil butter sauce (came with a crab cake which was pretty delicious too) and the San Fran Cioppino. Portions were generous and the restaurant had a great vibe. After dinner, we also enjoyed a walk around the neighbourhood. Lots of shops, restaurants and new developments.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stella's Fish Cafe

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I've been to Stellas a number of times and I have always had great service, but today was outstanding! The new revamped rooftop is awesome!! Noah was extremely friendly and made great recommendations for apps, entrees and even got me to try a dessert :) We throughly enjoyed the Firecracker roll and seared scallops with candied bacon (cooked to perfection!) to start. The lobster roll had tons of lobster and perfect balance of filling to delicious buttery bread. And to finish it off the brownie batter was like molten love in my mouth. To sum it up, great service with a passionate server, awesome food and great rooftop ambiance.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

If you are looking for outstanding seafood and excellent service, you can't go wrong with Stella's! A group of 5 of us went there for dinner. From the start we could tell our waiter was going to make our dining experience a great one. Two of us used a Groupon for the 4 course lobster bake...WOW! From the choices of sauvignon blanc, cabernet sauvignon, or pinot noir that comes with the offer, we decided on the sauvignon... crisp and perfectly chilled. We each ordered one the 2 salad choices to compare: roasted beet salad or raspberry and pear salad. Both were delicious, although I prefered the raspberry pear. The lobster bisque was phenomenal. The lobster bake (with two whole Maine lobsters served in a pot with shrimp, mussels, andouille sausage, and potatoes) was superbly seasoned and perfectly cooked. There was enough left over to warrant a to-go box - I used the broth and remaining shellfish to make a paella-like dish that fed 4! We again each ordered one of the 2 dessert choices to compare: warm brownie batter or vanilla creme brûlée. Yum and Yum. Our dinner companions let us sample from their apps (crab cake, Kumamoto oysters, and New England Clam Chowder), and main courses (filet mignon, shrimp scampi, and halibut). Perfection! except for the clam chowder which had a touch too much bacon for my taste. Because it is an expensive restaurant on my budget, I am looking forward to another special occasion to have a reason to celebrate there.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

OMG. Get the Champagne Mussels. The cream sauce will make you lick your fingers. Repeatedly. Good thing the lovely cloth napkin they give you is large. The scallops appetizer is so good, next time I'm getting two of them and making that my main dish: two big fat scallops with the tastiest sear on the outside you ever did eat, served on a smear of tomato chili jam WITH CANDIED BACON!!! I will never be the same. My son had the tartar platter, it was gorgeous, and hand delivered by The Executive Chef, no less. Fabulously attentive service. Lawsy Mama. Best. Lunch. Ever.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

It's the first time that I leave a feedback like that but the food is horrible. I had SAN Francisco Cioppino and the fish with the tomatoes sauce was extremely salted!
I was sooo hungry but is gonna be the last time that this restaurant will see my money!
Cheesecake as well was not good at all!
Don't go to this place!