“Reliable Thai Food at a Reasonable Price”
Review of Sawatdee

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Portland Ave
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is a nice, reliable and not too expensive place to go before the Guthrie theater. The Satay appetizers are great and th educk curry is a delight. I like that the Tom Yum is not particularly sweet. I have only ever been disappointed by one dish and that was the roast duck shich seemsed to be microwaved and a bit gummy. The fresh Spring Rolls with peanut saucea re wonderful and they have sticky rice with mango as well as with custard for dessert along with ice cream.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Fake smiles to seatings my family in front of the bussing center for our Thai dinner is not my favorite. The restaurant empty...We order tea and wait and wait...have to ask someone for our server, for she is clearly too busy...order in, food tasty, true to all Sawatdee's, yet its change from 20 years ago duly noted. I feel like I'm a bother to ask for a spice tray, limes with my Pad Thai or otherwise. All the while awful clanking of bust life carting by us...dirty plates hang on our table until our passive aggressive server grabs our check...I felt it fine to leave a 10% tip for average service, and that too was received with large portions of attitude. As a server, as a chef, as a food and people lover...Totally disappointing! Service with a smile only works when its real.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This restaurant has a regular menu plus a buffet. We had the buffet and enjoyed a variety of Thai dishes - all very good

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Sawatdee for lunch and really enjoyed our experience. The service is friendly and attentive. The entrees were delicious. I would recommend.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 3:30 on a Sunday and should have turned around since the restaurant was empty! Pad Thai was below average and no taste. Curry was EXTREMELY SPICY AND MOSTLY GREEN BEANS. My son order Pad Thai with duck and they brought tofu! Spicy noodles were ok!