“Fun for Happy Hour”

Nico's Taco and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nico's Taco and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #332 of 1,948 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Nico's restaurant in the Uptown area was trendy and eclectic. The artwork with the Dia de los Muertos theme was fun, and other patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves. The waitress was friendly and gave suggestions of favorites. The margaritas were well made and made extra nice by the half price after 9 pm. Unfortunately, they were out of Horchata. The guacamole was thin and without trexture, I like it a little more chunky and spicy. The chips were delicious and tasted home made. The a la plancha fish tacos were OK, not great, and the el pastor was better. We didn't have dessert. Family friendly and a great date place (better after 9 pm)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We used to LOVE this spot, but service and quality has definitely taken a downward turn in our visits over the past year or so. We enjoy sitting at the bar to eat and have drinks...we used to have the most engaging bartenders passionate about both the drink list, tequila, and the food...now we can barely get acknowledgment or a smile from them. No one seems happy to be working there. In addition, the last time we were there, all of the salsas (which used to be amazing) were incredibly watered down. Portion sizes on some items have been shrunk (guac for example). It seems they have kept most of the amazing recipes for their tacos, but that is about the only positive these days. We are super sad, as we truly used to adore this place....definitely rooting for them to make it a happy place for their employees, I'm certain they'd have more repeat customers and thus wouldn't need to find ways to find savings in the food side of things.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Great variety of menu items. Server very helpful. Everything tasted fresh and home made.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great rhubarb margarita & patio seating. Unfortunately, I found the food meh. I ordered 2 tacos(1 pastor & 1 chicken tinga) w/rice & beans on the side. The rice & beans were cold, and the tacos were ok. I started the meal with chips & guac. The chips were stale. The guacamole was ok, a bit too limey for my preference. I may try again & see if better another day with something different ordered. Just meh on this visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I had heard lots of good things about this place, and since I love Mexican food, I thought it was time that I would give it a try.
I visited with friends and we decided right away that we were going to try the guacamole. and it was absolutely amazing. We also ordered a bunch of side dishes but could barely get through half of everything that we got. So, if you're planning on sharing food with others I would recommend you start with a few dishes and get more if you need them!
If you're in the Twin Cities and are looking to get some good Mexican food, look no more!!