“Cuban food at it's best”
Review of Victor's 1959 Cafe

Victor's 1959 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's 1959 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We went here with another couple for dinner and glad we did because we were able to try other dishes. All the food was delicious. The Ropa Vieja was amazing, the Cuban sandwich was as good as anything I have ever had in Florida. You simply must try this place. They take reservations and I would recommend it because it is a very small place.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

eight of us for dinner. Small restaurant but you can make a reservation otherwise a long wait. Wait staff friendly and helpful.The food is very good, I would recommend it over many of the newer restaurants in the area that get a lot of publicity and are far more expensive.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I'm a Cuban National, and there are no Cuban restaurants where I live, so when I heard about this place, I couldn't wait to go there. There was a long line of people waiting, so we figured it had to be good. Oh yeah, it was. My husband, who doesn't care for Cuban food ordered a Basque Scrambler, which is scrambled eggs, done right. I had to get the "official" Cuban food, black beans and rice. Their menu is very varied, so there's something for everybody. Eating al fresco, with all the flowers around, gave you a Caribbean feeling.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended this place for breakfast saying it was best breakfast in town, and I left thinking it was one of the better breakfasts I had ever had! The coffee is smooth and poppy, and the plantain omelets are to die for! Also, the servers were super kind and pleasant. Will be going back whenever I'm in Minneapolis!

nikimu, Owner at Victor's 1959 Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thanks a million for your kind praise! So happy that you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to welcoming you back any time you're in town!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Victor's 1959 Cafe is a Cuban themed restaurant in a sweet area of Minneapolis. The food was good but a bit on the pricey side.

nikimu, Owner at Victor's 1959 Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you!! We appreciate your business