“Come for the lamb, stay for the warm baklava”
Review of It's Greek to Me

It's Greek to Me
Reserve with OpenTable
It's Greek to Me is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 1,982 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

WE eat here regularly as we love it. Our older sons when they come into town insist that this is a must stop. Just went Saturday. Got the lamb shank in avgolemona sauce so good.. Nick the owner greeted us warmly. Dimitri was our wait staff. Outstanding service. We will be back many times

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018

The food is good, but we have repeatedly experienced service that is inexcusable. One day we were seated then waited for 45 minutes without a waiter's attention, while later guests ordered and were served. We could have said something but expected SOMEONE to notice. Finally spoke to the manager and left. Gave them a second chance a few months later. This time it was at the end of the meal, when we waited an too long time for the check and its return after we paid. We will not return.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I have been to this restaurant several times; I would go more often if I lived closer and if parking wasn't such a hassle.

Cons: Parking. You probably will have to pay for parking unless you luck out and find free parking the next block over (and are good at parallel parking).

Pros: Good food. I love the gyros platter or just the sandwich. The outdoor seating area is nice, although because this is located at a busy intersection, it may not be as "quiet" and "serene" as one might wish it -- or as it looks like it should be. The patio has awnings, so if there is a light rain, you can still sit outside.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Flew into MN Friday afternoon to surprise family for a long pre-holiday weekend visit and needed to find a restaurant that could accommodate 10. Management and staff were amazing and squeezed us all (comfortably) in and served us as though we were their family! Our server, Noah, was awesome and made some great recommendations (the Saganaki!) and made sure our cocktails were spot on! Loved the 'hood, the ambiance was warm and intimate and the food...was excellent! Thank you for a memorable family reunion dinner!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My colleague invited us out to this wonderful Greek restaurant for supper after a day of business. In past experience, you never know what you are going to get in a Greek restaurant, but this place exceeded my expectations on all levels. First of all, our server was amazing, keeping track of 20 or so people at our table and not missing a beat. I had a brandy old-fashioned cocktail and it was among the best I’ve had which is saying a lot since I’m from Wisconsin. I also ordered a Gyro and a small Greek salad and both tasted amazing. You know they care when the pita is very fresh and the tzatziki sauce is clearly homemade. Everything was so fresh and served perfectly. There were people at her table who don’t like Greek food, but loved this Greek food. The owners came out and greeted us, so genuine and friendly people. I also bought a baklava to go and ate it when I got back to the hotel. After the wonderful dinner I expected a wonderful baklava and I was not disappointed. I will make this a regular stop when I’m back in Minneapolis for personal or business reasons, and I will take all of my friends with me because it’s just that good. My advice is you have to try this, I don’t think it’s possible to rate this less than five stars.

Date of visit: December 2017