“I would walk 5000 miles...”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,816 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Tucson, Arizona
“I would walk 5000 miles...”
Reviewed 24 January 2006

I would walk 5000 miles for Zelo's tomato basil soup and their seared tuna salad! I have NEVER tasted any better anywhere. I even ordered extra soup to bring home with me to Arizona the last time I was there. (Hint: It's not as good reheated!) The decor in the restaurant is terrific, and the service is outstanding. It is not the cheapest restaurant in town, but it is WELL worth the price. I visit every time I travel to Minneapolis!

2 Thank Tucsonexpert
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Naperville, IL
“A Gem”
Reviewed 13 November 2005

Visited the restaurant November 11, 2005.

Well, I am not going to complain that I was seated right by the kitchen. WHY? Because my reservation was for 8:15 and we got hungry and came at 7:00PM. This was the only table that they could accomodate me with, and I took it. So, I praise them for helping me.

Let's see. What else? Ordered Calamari. It is nice, and soft, although the Catch35 in Chciago is the only better place for fried Calamari that I tried. Moving on.

The filet that my wife ordered was absolutely wonderful, very well marinated, and cooked to perfect Medium. The pork medallion that I ordered was great too.

The waitress was great, helpful, answering all questions, not being why with suggestions, if needed.

the restaurant itself is very well decorated, in high class, and taste. Lights are dim, giving nice romantic environment. although there are lot of people, it is not too noisy.

The bill for 2 kids meals, 2 adult meals, 3 non-alcoholic drinks, and 1 Margarita - $120 without tip. I would say, it's well worth it.

I would definitely visit that restaurant again, when I am in Minneapolis.

7 Thank Slydoggydogg68
Minnesota
“Zelo is wonderful!”
Reviewed 24 February 2005

We've had dinner at Zelo twice and loved it. The decor is modern but very warm. The steaks are excellent and my husband loved the ahi tuna. They also make the best margaritas!!!

9 Thank quiltmomoffive