“Wonderful food right on Nicolette mall”
Review of Zelo

Zelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Description: At Zelo, we serve simple, fresh Italian cuisine made from local ingredients. Our handcrafted meals accompany a thoughtful, approachable wine selection. We believe dining is more than a menu: it is an experience, and ours is quality. When you’re our guest, our staff learn your name and remember your favorite glass of wine. We passionately commit to bring you the full dining experience – quality food and wine presented with welcoming service. Every meal. Every day. An enduring Minneapolis destination, Zelo was opened in 1999 by Rick Webb, a Minnesota restaurateur whose pursuits have set the standard in Twin Cities dining for over 40 years. Looking for another unparalleled dining experience in the south metro? Visit Rick Webb’s acclaimed Ciao Bella, the restaurant that inspired Zelo’s handcrafted food and dedicated service.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The food here is outstanding and the service is excellent. Nicolette mall is a great place to shop and eat in downtown minneapolis

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We ate at Zelo, Friday, April 13, 2012, and found it to be an enjoyable dining experience.

First, we found the decor and atmosphere pleasant and not excessively noisy.

Next, I cannot say enough about our server. She was friendly, professional, and helpful. She had a good sense of humor and interacted well with us. At the same time, she was never intrusive.

When it came to the menu, we were very much impressed. The restaurant alters it menu on a seasonal basis and the chef uses as many "locally grown" ingredients as possible. What we especially appreciated is the fact that most items come with two prices based on portion size. With so many restaurants serving outrageously large portions (Olive Garden, Old Country Buffet, etc.), it was nice to have some control over the number of calories consumed. We were even asked whether we wanted bread (I guess a trend in the restaurant business). We did want the bread, and it was really good. The lasagna I had was excellent.

I found the price of our night dining out to be reasonable.

I can say with all honesty that, if you are in downtown Minneapolis a trip to Zelo will not disappoint.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

not cheap but we've eaten there a few times, my daughter was the pastry chef at their sister Bacio's. The food is very very top quality. The wasabi crusted sea bass is highly recommended. Their Fillet is the best I've ever tasted. One not to miss.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I made it to Minneapolis late in the day, checked in to our hotel, and then headed out tired and hungry to find a place to eat. We were given a recommendation for Zelo, and entered with a little trepidation since it appeared to be more upscale than we were expecting (or wanted to pay for; we just wanted to get fed). However, the staff were helpful and friendly, the food excellent, the service fast, and the prices actually quite reasonable given the setting. I had a pasta dish, my wife had fish, and both meals were fine. We will make it a point to go back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stopped here for a late night appetizers and drinks; loved the selection - will go back again! Lamb meatballs - yum....