“Don't Miss Experiencing Al's!”
Review of Al's Breakfast

Al's Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 1,946 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 9 September 2018

My two friends and I had read about Al's prior to visiting Minneapolis and were not disappointed with our breakfasts and the overall unique experience! With only 14 stools along the counter, the wait was minimal.
The blueberry walnut pancakes were delicious and the 3 regular sized pancakes were more than enough to fill me.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We lived in Minneapolis for a number of years and never made it to Al's. On a recent visit, we decided to go for it. I knew what the place was, so I wasn't surprised by the tiny size, seating, etc. Breakfast was decent, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about. Don't think we will bother ever returning. There are many breakfasts in the Twin Cities that are better, more comfortable, with kinder staff.

1  Thank April B
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We get to AL's everytime we are in town. Quality is number one and reasonable prices. Only complaint this time is it was too quiet. I love it when the place is loud, the servers are interacting with customers, ect.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Built into an alley..well worth the visit! Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives..this gem won the James Beard Award. It 's a happening..long counter, 14 stools. Diners lining up out the door. Scrumptious blackberry pancakes, sinful scrambled eggs. Don't dilly dally
Breakfast served til 1 p.m.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We discovered Al's while looking for DDD restaurants in the area during a trip to Minneapolis. We ended up driving there for breakfast directly from the airport. It was so small that we initially didn't even see it! The place consists of a bar with stools and a line of people waiting against the wall behind the stools. Everyone working there was very nice and the woman informed me that the line for service could go out the door- even in the winter when it was -20 degrees. The process of ordering was easy and the food came out pretty fast. They do a good job of turning over customers, but without pressuring them to move on. We ate breakfast and everything was delicious. I would definitely recommend the pancakes as my kids devoured them!

Off topic- if you go to park on the street across from the restaurant be aware that only one of the spots is 30 minutes and the rest are 2 hours. We were unfamiliar with the area and in a hurry. We discovered there were two hour spots after putting money in for the 30 minute spot. Two hours was plenty of time for us to wait in line, order, and finish.