“Excellent Contemporary Spot!”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I loved the hotel! Very clean, contemporary style, comfortable bed and nice shower.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoy the style of the hotel as well as our beds and unique showers. We would love to welcome you back again any time.

Graves 601 Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

A completely adequate hotel, if you like IKEA, you will love this hotel! This is a young hotel and really trendy for the area. This is a great place for young couples and groups of friends but not so much for families or older travelers.

The good:
-Graves is in a perfect location for seeing the sites of Minneapolis and/or for going out for a night on the town.
-The linens, duvet and pillows are great goose down quality and the bed was very soft, like it had a slightly lumpy mattress cover on it.
-Breakfast was fantastic; great menu options, great service, great coffee

The bad:
-We stayed over a weekend and there were plenty of bachelor, bachelorette and birthday celebrations going on in the hotel. We were woken up a few times throughout the night and I overhead a couple in the elevator (from a different floor) saying they called down to reception at 3:30am to complain about the noise and nothing was done. On the flip side, this is a great place to have a hotel party.

I don't mind IKEA but it isn't my idea of quality or relaxation. There were strange pictures of pears in my room that lit up (classic IKEA), there was no bath but an ok shower and there was a dirty sofa in the room BUT there was a TV in the bathroom and a well stocked mini bar. I don't understand why money was spent on extras while great basics are ignored.

And finally, there is one elevator that brings you to the 4th floor then you must walk through the bar (three rights) to get to the elevator to your room. Novelty at first but it is just weird and inconvenient after a day or two.

In conclusion, not a terrible hotel but I don't recommend it and wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittam

Thank you for reviewing us. I'm glad you found the rooms comfortable and liked the location. I do apologize if you had any trouble with other guests; I will certainly pass that feedback along to our security personnel so that we can improve our service in the future. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were here for an overnight visit. The hotel is great if you are young to the target center. The beds are amazing. It was too bad the rest fell short. There were a lot of people just hanging around. I know there are two restaurants there so I get that. The fact that there was a random man throwing up right outside the hotel door was not appealing. I'm sure the hotel has little control over this..it still was gross. Also our shower didn't work. We realized this in the morning. So I guess there wasn't much they could do then. I mentioned this to the front desk when we checked out so at least the next guest could be clean. She didn't really care. She was more interested in whatever was going on behind the desk. Would I stay here again..well probably not. But again..the beds were awesome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I'm very sorry to hear about your impression of our hotel. We would never want to give you the impression that the quality of your stay was not important to us. I assure you I will be passing your feedback along to the staff so that we might improve our service in the future. I hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We spent one night midweek at the Graves 601. Its location is great if you are going to see the Twins, Timberwolves, or an event at Target Field or Target Center.

This hotel is very well done. The rooms were very clean and well-decorated. Staff were friendly and prompt, Our stay was very comfortable.

It is a little pricey, but you can find good deals on their website and other various websites.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms have poor views of surrounding buildings, so try for upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

It's great to see your review. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us and found the rooms clean and comfortable. We would love to welcome you back again any time.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My daughters and I stayed for a shopping weekend. Everything was fine until 6:30 am when there were several knocks at the door I opened the door to find a young disheveled young man who said "hmmm..wake up call". I shut the door and reported it to the front desk. The next day I called to talk to the manager who didn't call me back. I guess the Graves doesn't care about the safety or security of their guests. Too bad, its a nice hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2012
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience when you recently stayed with us. I assure you that the quality of service you describe is completely out of the norm for us. We should, at the very least, have followed up with you about your complaint. I do hope you'll afford us the opportunity to do so now, even after the fact. If you give our front desk a call we would be happy to discuss this particular situation further.