“beds were an A+…the rest a C-...”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were here for an overnight visit. The hotel is great if you are young to the target center. The beds are amazing. It was too bad the rest fell short. There were a lot of people just hanging around. I know there are two restaurants there so I get that. The fact that there was a random man throwing up right outside the hotel door was not appealing. I'm sure the hotel has little control over this..it still was gross. Also our shower didn't work. We realized this in the morning. So I guess there wasn't much they could do then. I mentioned this to the front desk when we checked out so at least the next guest could be clean. She didn't really care. She was more interested in whatever was going on behind the desk. Would I stay here again..well probably not. But again..the beds were awesome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

I'm very sorry to hear about your impression of our hotel. We would never want to give you the impression that the quality of your stay was not important to us. I assure you I will be passing your feedback along to the staff so that we might improve our service in the future. I hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great stay.

Graves 601 Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We spent one night midweek at the Graves 601. Its location is great if you are going to see the Twins, Timberwolves, or an event at Target Field or Target Center.

This hotel is very well done. The rooms were very clean and well-decorated. Staff were friendly and prompt, Our stay was very comfortable.

It is a little pricey, but you can find good deals on their website and other various websites.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms have poor views of surrounding buildings, so try for upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

It's great to see your review. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us and found the rooms clean and comfortable. We would love to welcome you back again any time.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My daughters and I stayed for a shopping weekend. Everything was fine until 6:30 am when there were several knocks at the door I opened the door to find a young disheveled young man who said "hmmm..wake up call". I shut the door and reported it to the front desk. The next day I called to talk to the manager who didn't call me back. I guess the Graves doesn't care about the safety or security of their guests. Too bad, its a nice hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2012
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience when you recently stayed with us. I assure you that the quality of service you describe is completely out of the norm for us. We should, at the very least, have followed up with you about your complaint. I do hope you'll afford us the opportunity to do so now, even after the fact. If you give our front desk a call we would be happy to discuss this particular situation further.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I are not the type of people to frequent bigger cities and swanky hotels, so keep that in mind when reading this review. The beds were amazing and the service at the hotel was great. The only thing that was disappointing was the immediate area. The shops in the surrounding sky walk area were basically non-existent besides the large department stores. We didn't have an agenda when we arrived and found it difficult to find things to do without having to drive somewhere. Not much going on that weekend I guess besides a pub crawl. We ate at Ike's and they have GREAT burgers. The hotel staff at the front desk were helpful in offering things to do, but again, most required driving. Park in the lots down the street instead of valet parking. It was MUCH cheaper and just as convenient. I would stay here again if attending an event, but not for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying with us though I'm sorry if you were not more impressed with the activities around our area. We are fortunate to be so close to Target Field, where there are often concerts or sporting events. Perhaps you would like to return for such an event? We would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Graves 601 hotel recently. It is an upscale hotel located in downtown Minneapolis. I had decided to stay there based on Tripadvisor reviews. I made the initial reservation for a corner executive level room. I called them back later to request a city view based on a review tip. They happily said they would try.

Just walking into the lobby, I knew I made the right choice. It is a beautiful, modern-styled property. Whoever designed the place should get an award if they haven't already. The checkin process was easy and quick, with friendly staff everywhere. My girlfriend was in awe of everything we saw, as I was too.

Going to the room, we had to take two elevators, one to the 4th floor and then get on another one to the 17th floor. This gives you the opportunity to see the bar/lounge on the 4th floor. It looks like a movie set without the set. Architecture, lighting, furniture, decor...all top notch.

Even the hallways leading to the room were styled. The attention to detail throughout the property is evident wherever you look. We entered the room and my first thought was that I only get to stay one night :( The city, corner view was amazing and it was the first thing we noticed. The rest of the room was highly styled and tastefully ultra modern. You can see the pictures and they don't do it justice. As others have said, it isn't the hugest room in the world but it seems much bigger with the decor and panoramic view. The bathroom is also styled beautifully and is very functional. One tip about the shower - make sure to turn on only the top shower head (top knob) to get it up to temperature. I turned the bottom knob and was shot with 4 or five shower heads shooting cold water in my face! Once it is all up to temp, all of the shower heads feel great. They really have thought of everything with this place.

As we were getting ready to go out, we were gazing at the skyline and noticed a restaurant that had rooftop dining. We asked the concierge about it and he told us what it was and the best way to get there. Dinner was a great experience too, but that is a different review. I did tell more than one person there about the Graves - we could see our room from the rooftop.

After we got back to the room, we noticed the turndown service - a great touch. New towels, mints on pillows, etc. This is the place in downtown Minneapolis for nearly any kind of travel.

The Graves 601 is the best hotel I have stayed in to date. I have paid over twice as much for half as much service, design and view at other hotels in larger cities. This is a testament to not only the Graves 601 but Minneapolis as a city too.

I highly reccomend the Graves 601 to anyone staying in Minneapolis for business or pleasure.

ps...the bed and the pillows really are as good as all of the other reviewers have said. They also have a Pillow Menu!!

Room Tip: Get an executive corner room with a city view if available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

It's great to hear from you. We truly appreciate your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed the decor in the lobby as well as in our guest rooms. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service in a beautifully stylized setting. We would love to welcome you back again any time.