“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Bachelor Farmer is located in a lovely old building that has been renovated beautifully. The food and drinks are great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was really excited to have dinner at the Bachelor Farmer as I had heard lots of good reviews. The wine list is great, the service is excellent and the restaurant has a good vibe but the food was not great. The menu focuses on in season produce and has a good selection. There were three of us and we ordered two appetizers, a toast and three entrees. The fried green tomatoes were delicious but the trout, cauliflower and the toast were nothing special. We passed on dessert however the ginger cookies that were brought with the check were beautifully packaged and delicious.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

If anyone ever tells you Minneapolis does not have first class dining opportunities, tell them they're very wrong.
The Bachelor Farmer is as fine a restaurant as I've eaten in. It is true farm to table experience.
I started with Fried Green Tomatoes, a favorite of mine. They were delicious for not being from the South. Nicely breaded and well fried, they were very flavorful.
My partner enjoyed the Lake Whitefish Appetizer, like a small salad with radishes. He enjoyed dit very much. As an added extra, we had "Toast", heirloom tomatoes with fresh cow's milk cheese, hazelnuts, aged cider vinegar. Quite outstanding
For our entrees, my partner ordered the Market Fish, Lake Trout, served with Japanese eggplant, green beans, zucchini, broth, and lemon. Incredibly flavorful.
While I went with the Roasted chicken served with sweet corn, shishito peppers, and broccoli. Another remarkable plate. They have elevated chicken to a new level.
As a side, we ordered pork fat-fried green and yellow beans with creme fraîche and lemon. Remarkable! Think Tempura but much more flavor.
Our server, Hannah, was excellent. She had a full station, and continued to check on us throughout our meal.
The Bachelor Framer is exceptional restaurant worthy of all the praise it gets.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

What a treat. This farm to table restaurant in a historic building offers a variety of small dishes plus dinner entrees, all prepared with imagination, full of flavor, and served by a knowledgeable and gracious wait staff. A delicious dinner and a restaurant to visit whenever you are in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

My friend from Minneapolis brought me to TBF for dinner. She had been raving about it, and was so excited about it, I knew it was going to be awesome. The vibe is very low key and casual but the fare is anything but. The menu changes frequently, since they’re focusing on ingredients that are seasonal. We had the pork belly (pictured) and the lamb tartar as well. For dinner, we shared a local fish and a side of kale. It was all exceptional. So fresh and original. Definitely will return if I ever get the chance!