All reviewsmississippi riversunday brunch isst anthonyfireside roomstone buildinglobster weekhorse drawnhistoric hotelsleep number beddaughter's weddinganniversary nightfollowing morningroom pricecorner roomtwin citieswonderful weekendsmall hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Nicollet Island Inn did not disappoint! We planned a "staycation" and explored Minneapolis' arts and entertainment scene. The Inn provided a central location and beautiful setting. The amenities were wonderful and we were able to walk to many of our activities. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Outstanding small hotel on an island in downtown Minneapolis. Great walking to superb restaurants etc. and park area. Appreciated the humor and friendliness of the staff. We loved the dining room, the food and the view of the wooded section of the Miss. River. Enjoyed sitting outside at the bar in the late evening. Our room was very quiet and large. Delightful in every respect.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

The hotel is very quaint and quiet and would be great for a relaxing weekend. For a Business trip, it is not ideal because the wifi is extremely slow, there is no gym, and the hotel restaurant is a little pricey if looking for a casual meal or something quick. Luckily there are lots of great restaurants just over the bridges in either direction. I was able to walk from the hotel to everywhere I needed to go and did call an Uber when it was raining. The Breakfast was fantastic, I got the same one every morning.. an egg over spinach, avocado, salsa, and multi-grain toast. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and quaint. The free coffee each morning by the elevator was a great perk and much appreciated. I would stay here again, my only challenge was the internet being slow.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Karebear123
Reviewed 20 July 2018

As a long term resident of the Twin Cities, I had on numerous occasions had breakfast meetings or dinner meetings or holiday meals at this facility. Always superb. Having moved out of the area some years ago, my partner and I stayed at the Nicollet Island Inn last weekend while visiting family. This was actually my first time to go/stay upstairs. We were not disappointed. The room was superbly decorated and quite comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. They were quite responsive to our many questions about local services (where could we find a bike rental?) and also on sites to see on Nicollet Island itself and how far a walk would it be to excellent restaurants like Sanctuary or to our evening event at the Guthrie. We will definitely stay again. I would highly recommend to anybody who would like to stay in the city but in a small and quiet and removed enclave. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

You can tell a lot from how you’re greeted on check-in, and the two people at the front desk didn’t even acknowledge my arrival. One was busy; the other was watching, a trainee. I announced that I would leave and come back in a few minutes and still, nothing. When I returned, the guy at the front desk looked up and said, yes? I said hello and how are you, trying to remind him to be courteous. He finally got it. “It’s been crazy!” he said, though the lobby was empty and I had seen only one other couple. We were given a noisy room right above a huge air conditioning unit. My fondest memory (sarcasm) is of the front desk clerk who said loudly as I walked back into the lobby after walking my dog: YOU HAVE TO PAY A SURCHARGE FOR YOUR DOG. I had already checked in, already paid for the dog. I told her I had already paid and thanked her for the warm welcome.

This place needs to train its staff in customer service or replace the front desk. If the problem was the dog, then don’t allow them!! I paid $50 for our dog. And I was treated like a lowlife.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business