“not bad----not great”

Las Mojarras
Ranked #1,183 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stopped in for lunch on a Sunday afternoon with a friend. First off--they did not carry my Negra Modelo--not a deal breaker, I had Victoria. I ordered Empanadas con Carne, and my friend ordered a taco al pastor.Service was good, the music was pretty loud, and the decor was clean and passable. Our chips and salsa tasted good and we got a refill on request. My empanada had a nice presentation, with the four empanadas upright forming an X in the middle of the plate with a creative cream and sauce flair on the plate.Overall, the meal was tasty, the price was right, the beer was cold, the service was good---I will return when I am in the area. It probably doesn't warrant a trip across town yet.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

You know the guacamole is fresh when they make it right at your table. I like the carne asada, my wife likes the mole enchilada and the salmon.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I just moved from out of state and my family decided to go out to dinner at Las Mojarras. As we walked in we were greeted with a smile, waitress was nice and courteous. We ordered and it did take a while to get our food but it was worth the wait. Food was great! This also gave us time to catch up and chat for a while. We had a waiter and waitress waiting on us and made us feel like we were the only ones there. The people and atmosphere was great. I plan on going back very soon!!!!!
Thanks

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Bought a $100 gift certificate from Restaurant.com, had a very large group meeting for my daughters birthday, when the waitress saw my certificate she stated they were not allowed to take coupons, I explained to her that I purchased the gift certificate and that it was NOT a coupon, she stated again, Im sorry my manager was very specific that we cannot accept these. I told her I wanted to speak to him she said he was not in and gave me his cell phone #, I tried to call him several times, left messages over the next couple days, he never replied. We had several ppl meeting us and I was unable to reach them all, this restaurant really ruined her birthday Restaurant.com did reimburse me thank goodness and gave me a bonus certificate but very disappointed in the practices at this establishment. DONT GO, we will never go back and honestly after stepping into this smelly, dirty place I was glad I didnt spend my $$$ here, just angry this restaurant ruined my daughters bid day.

2  Thank angiemc75