“Very disappointing”
Review of Elmwood House

Elmwood House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
Elmwood House
Ranked #9 of 10 Minneapolis B&B and Inns
Nashville
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My husband and I love B & B's and booked this one for 3 days. However, it was gloomy and unwelcoming. The innkeepers don't live there, they only come in for breakfast, so there's no one on-site for upkeep and hospitality. Our room was spare with not even a travel recommendation book in sight. The towels were shabby and the bathroom light did not work. Worst of all, the bed linens were uncomfortable and scratchy. We left after our first night. Breakfast was pleasant where we met 2 other couples. But this was, by far, the most disappointing B & B experience we've ever had!

• Liked — Meeting other travelers
  • Disliked — Unwelcoming, gloomy quality
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank intruth7
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I stayed 2 nights at Elmwood House. It was pleasant. My room was really a nice size, though the lighting was not conducive to reading in bed, which was disconcerting. The caretaker, Kathy, was very kind and friendly, I liked her very much. Breakfast was OK, though I've had better" yogurt, cereals, fruit...The first morning I was the only one dining, and breakfast was all that, nothing more. The second morning, there were 4 of us, and there were pastries and a quiche lorraine.

One thing that surprised me is that nobody entered my room at all to empty the garbage or to make the bed. The last B&B I stayed at, in Palo Alto, CA, they did that.

I would, and intend to, stay at this B&B again. A great location south of downtown.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
Reviewed 10 October 2006

My partner and I stayed at the Elmwood house and had a wonderful time. Our room was charming, the bed comfortable, and the location is incredibly convenient to Uptown and to many lakes and parks. Our hosts were so generous and welcoming, and made us feel right at home. I've already recommended the place to friends visiting soon -- and be sure to try a walk or run on the creek path nearby, which takes you on a lovely trip through residential Minneapolis and ends at Lake Harriet.

• Stayed October 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2004

I visited the Elmwood House in December 2002, and was surprised of the comfort.Mr. and Mrs. Schlosser were very nice and i had some beautiful days living in their house.A perfect place to stay ! For me it was like a part of Europe moved to the US.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member