All reviewsvalet parkingoak streetgreat locationcampus visitfront deskstadium villagenewer hotelgreat restaurants and barsshuttle service isspacious bathroomsuper bowlwithin milesmedical centerlight railrestaurant barfew blocksenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 29 July 2018

This Doubletree is still newly opened and it is a sorely needed addition to hotel options near the University of Minnesota. What impressed me the most was how helpful and friendly ever member of the staff was, from the front desk to housekeeping to the shuttle driver to maintenance to dining. My room was large and comfortable. One down side was the slow service at breakfast if you don't choose the buffet. You learn a lot about a hotel when you stay there for five days and my overall experience was great.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I have never had such a bad experience with a Hilton ..and I have stayed at Doubletrees before.
Housekeeping was terrible...when my room didn't get cleaned and I called to make them aware of that they said someone would be right up,..no one came...called again and was then told they had left for the evening. But they will take one night of parking charge off, wow..that was $22. Compared to what I was paying for a room that was pathetic.
When my room finally was cleaned the next few days they left dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom and did not have sheets on the beds all the way on..they were coming off.
I will never stay at this property again.
In my opinion they didn't make it right that's for sure.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danielle T, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Our team works hard to deliver a rewarding experience to each of our guests, and I am very sorry to hear that this time we fell short. I apologize that your stay was disrupted by housekeeping issues in your room. I will make sure that your comments get to our housekeeping department so that they can investigate why this happened.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Had the best service and room upgrade durning our stay! Went to a wedding close by and they shuttled us. Everything was very clean and easy to get too!
Would stay again anytime!
No parking you must get vallet parking. They were very accommodating and friendly as well!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Danielle T, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Overall the hotel was nice. We were not given the room that we booked and when we went to lobby to inquire we were told our room was no longer available. They offered a different room that was not what we wanted either.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Danielle T, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I would first like to apologize that we were not able to deliver the stay that you were expecting. I have reviewed your reservation because it is never our policy to change room types, unless we are upgrading one our Hilton Honors members. It appears that you were put into the room type that was booked, however upon further investigation I noticed that there was misinformation on our website regarding the room. Our website states that the room you booked includes a sofa bed, and unfortunately it does not. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. We are currently looking into updates on our website, and we are also very grateful that you brought this issue to our attention. A member of our management team will be reaching out to you personally regarding this matter.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

As Hilton Honors people, we have stayed at many places in the Hilton chain. Double Tree is the worst deal by far, with the Minneapolis one near the University being no exception unfortunately.

The $22 Per Day for "valet" parking is a rip-off. An hour after having my car parked, the "valet" was the sole person at the reception desk. I asked him a simple question about the surrounding area; he said he had no clue. That and other interactions with other staff the next day made it clear that management does not put a premium on training personnel before subjecting guests to them.

The first morning I could not locate the lobby coffee, which even cheap motels typically offer gratis, so I asked at the front desk. Oh, the man said, you can BUY that right around the corner.

My advice; NEVER stay at a Double Tree. Instead go to Hampton's, or Marriott, or Holiday, or whatever.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Danielle T, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi Gail,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you were hoping for. As a full service hotel, we do charge for things like valet parking, and coffee as we have a full specialty coffee menu available in our restaurant. However, your concerns about your interactions with our team are disappointing to hear about. We continually strive to provide the best in guest service, and it appears that this time we fell below that standard. I am truly very sorry about that.