All reviewssquare toiletping pongcoldplay concertmotion sensorblack peppersmall shelvessmartphone appfavorite colorbold colorsshampoo and body washhuge wallcool conceptbed was super comfortablemodern atmospheretraditional hotelstudio roomnew concept
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My son and I stayed for two nights recently while we were in town to watch a Twins game and visit colleges. The Radisson Red was perfect for us, although not as close as some hotels to Target Field, it is very conveniently located for the light rail station, the U.S. Bank Stadium (where the Vikings play), and the Mill City Museum and the Stone Arch bridge. In short, for a price much less than other well-known chain hotels in the city, the Radisson Red is an excellent option.

What was most memorable for us, however, was the very friendly and helpful staff. We had lots of questions about how to get places, where to go for a run, where to have dinner, etc. and Lowell at the front desk was always there to help out and our visit to the Twin Cities went very well, thanks to his suggestions.

Finding places to eat either at the hotel or nearby was easy. A previous review stated that there was no breakfast at the hotel, but now there is a breakfast option now. Although the hotel now has a limited breakfast menu (bolstered by Megan's attentive and amiable service), we especially enjoyed and would highly recommend the Hen House for breakfast (about 15 minutes walk away). Also, we would recommend the Zen Box Izakawa Japanese restaurant, which was just steps away from the hotel, for either lunch or dinner.

We also noted that the room we stayed at the hotel was spotless, and the beds comfortable. The furnishings were very modern and interesting. One tip when using the shower, though, the light in the bathroom is operated by a motion sensor. When in the shower the sensor may turn the light off unless you sort of step back a bit from the shower head, or wave your arms around, so it senses your motion. The first time the light went out, I stepped completely out of the shower to turn the light back on, but later realized that it is not necessary to actually step out of the shower to keep the light on. :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Radisson M, Front Office Supervisor at Radisson Red Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi there Soxfan1975!

First of all, I just wanted to let you know that your review has absolutely made my week! You are so kind to offer such amazing praises, and I am so honored that your stay at our hotel was able to make such an impact on you. We are so SO happy that you were able to take advantage of our location, as well as utilize the knowledge of our excellent staff here at the RED. I have passed along your glowing feedback to Lowell and Megan and the rest of our team here to management, who also thanks you for taking the time to write such nice things about us!

I am absolutely elated that you were able to enjoy some Minneapolis staples such as Zen Box and Hen House. We love it when our valued guests take our food suggestions to heart and actually try them!

We truly hope to see you again on your next visit- please let me know (via email address listed below) if you plan on visiting soon so we can make your next stay extra special! Again, thank you so much for this great review, I have printed it out so all our staff members can read it!

lauren.erchul@radissonred.com

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Never heard of Radisson Red or Blu hotels until I was in a bind to find a place to stay while in Minneapolis. Usually stay at the Kimpton Grand, but for some reason that hotel and most others in the area were booked on one of the night's I was there. Found Radisson Red and booked it. It is a hip (but not hipster) hotel in Downtown East just a couple of blocks from the historic Mill Park and Stone Arch Bridge.

The hotel staff is so friendly and accommodating. Being from Los Angeles, I'm not used to that sort of nice. They were very helpful and took care of any of your room needs and answered any questions you might've had.

The room, like the lobby, is minimalist and nice. Plenty of outlets for all of your devices and free bottled water (you can get more free bottles from the grab-and-go shop in the lobby too). It's also very dog friendly.

Ate at the restaurant (Oui Bar) my first night and it was delicious and had to try their Orange Slushie made with Tito's vodka. Can't complain about that.

If you're into sports, it's super close, like two blocks close, from the US Bank Stadium, where the Minnesota Vikings play and 1 mile from both the Target Center and Target Field where the Minnesota Timberwolves and Twins play respectively. About the same distance to First Ave (the legendary music venue where Purple Rain was filmed).

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel and will very likely stay here if/when I return to Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator. Not change your room bad, just a tiny bit of shaking.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Radisson M, Manager at Radisson Red Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking it the time to review the Radisson RED! I'm so glad you gave us a shot and enjoyed your time! See you next time you're here!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The Red is a very modern hotel concept - from start to finish. They're check in is at a simple kiosk, not a lavish desk. The décor is fresh and modern with simplicity in everything. We stayed because they're pet friendly - and are they ever - there's dog treats and water in the lobby! They even bring bowls, a bandana and a pet bed up to your room. I'm pretty sure my dog things he's welcome to travel EVERYWHERE now after the rolling out of the "red" carpet here. There's a cute little bar off the lobby with and outdoor patio available. In the evening they had Salsa lessons. Location wise, we were right near the Stone Arch bridge for the festival and one of the Northern Spark locations was literally right behind the hotel - perfect location! About a 15 min walk to a lot of downtown eateries though.

Room Tip: There is a parking ramp right next to the hotel with parking for $12 day vs $25 at the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Radisson M, Manager at Radisson Red Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Tami, thank you so much for taking time to write this review. Sounds like your pup was quite the celebrity when they were here. I'm glad we were able to create that experience for you. Hope to see you next time, and your pup too!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

the rooms are amazing for the price. great location. decent view. the bar was awesome. different from normal hotels but better. great for a romantic stay. was quiet at night during the sleep.easy to find.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Red

Thank You for taking time to write this review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and were able to use the facilities that our hotel provided for you. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome! The girl checking me in was so awesome....I think her name was Megan? She was great and very helpful. The over night staff was also so cool!! We played ping pong at 3 am and made some awesome memories. The Parkin garage is small and it was $25 but it was directly attached to hotel (worth it on a 99* day) the one across the street is only $10. Beds were comfortable and they provided a fleece blanket which I loved! I was also able to connect my phone and play YouTube and rock out while we got ready. They provided water and a nice coffee maker. When we got into town early they accommodated us and were able to provide an early check inn. Downloading the hotel app helped a lot....check in took about 5min. Loved everything about my stay every time we are in the area it will be our hotel of choice and it smells AMAZING! We were only in town 24 hours I was sad I couldn’t stay at the Red longer! People in our group were 29, 30 and 50 and we all had a great time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Radisson M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Red Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hey Rockfamily2018, thanks for giving us an awesome review! We appreciate the feedback, and our staff really appreciates the compliments. We look forward to having you come back and visit!