All reviews rooftop bar north loop social club exposed brick rooftop access wonderful boutique hotel bachelor farmer strip club spa pool great bar hip vibe close to great restaurants wall paper hot tub the bed was super comfortable warehouse district whole foods
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were so looking forward to our stay here for two nights. Me, the night before our wedding and my new husband and I of us the night of. We expected a sweet local boutique hotel and ended up with a big hotel that felt impersonal and trying too hard to be cool. There were a number of amenities that we felt were lacking - no umbrellas for guests on a rainy day, no offers for help when we struggled with bags, room service starting at 11 AM with checkout a noon, and paid wifi access I couldn't even get to work. Weeks before our stay I inquired about checking in two hours early so I could drop off my wedding dress before our nearby rehearsal and I was told while it might help to note on my file I was getting married there were no guarantees. As a bonus for our wedding we were given passes to exclusive rooftop - but both times we went it was closed / unattended. I asked the front desk with assistance finding a jeweler to have my ring cleaned before my wedding the morning of - they reccomended one but it didn't open for several hours, they promised to call for me to find out if they could help once they opened - I stopped back at the desk about 1/2 hr after the jeweler had been open and the front desk never called (I will say after I reminded them they did call, and it worked out, but it was an added misstep that could have been easily avoided and would have made my morning) Overall a disappointment for how much we looked forward to it.

Room Tip: The junior suite we stayed in was a good size but was surprisingly dark with two small windows.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pablo M, General Manager at Hewing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear mjacobso,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share with us your most recent experience here at the Hotel. I am terribly sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations. My team and I will meet and discuss the aforementioned shortcomings and put a plan of action on these important matters.
I would really like for you to consider giving us another chance so that we can revert this situation.

pmolinari@hewinghotel.com

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is custom designed to reflect Minnesota in all its glory. From the gorgeous and enticing lobby with pool tables, bar and restaurant, to the detail in every hotel room, if you are visiting Minnesota or if you have lived here your entire life, this hotel is a must see. The rooftop is the best with a hot tub, pool, sauna and bar for adults only. Dog friendly, kid friendly, we totally enjoyed our stay here and will be back soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Linnea W,
I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us, I couldn't agree with you more, so many of the things you have described are what makes us unique!
We really hope you have the chance to visit us again very soon.

All our very best,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed at the Hewing Hotel the night of our wedding and everything was fabulous. Staff was courtesy and great and the room was clean and terrific! Plus, the decor was really fun - loved the sliding bathroom door.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pablo M, General Manager at Hewing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear eaj117,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel to celebrate the most important day of your life!

We are honored and thrilled you liked us so much. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again very soon, until then, we remain at your service.

All our very best,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Very friendly and accommodating staff. The rooms are spacious and spotless, with chic design and all amenities you could need. Comfortable beds, great shower, loved the bath products. The restaurant/bar in the lobby is great and the rooftop views are awesome!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pablo M, General Manager at Hewing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Kristeng810,

Thanks very much for your favorable review! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will make sure to share this with my team, they really appreciate all kinds of feedback, more so when it is such a great one like the one you wrote.

I hope you have the chance to return soon.

All my best,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I was in town to see my cousin graduate from college and wanted a comfortable, service rich (good food, drink, valet parking, well-appointed gym) hotel. The Hewing delivered.

First impressions when walking into the lobby/bar/lounge is the attention to detail in the decor and generally happy vibe. The vibe was there throughout my 2 night/3 day visit.

My (first) room was well appointed, but I had several issues with water temperature and extreme noise from neighbors. The hotel acted quickly the next day, and I was given a much improved room experience. Hey... issues arise, it's how a hotel addresses it that matters. Wedding season was in full-swing and the hotel was PACKED, but the bar service was still positive, and the restaurant kept pace with the breakfast crowd.

The Hewing is my new, go-to Minneapolis spot.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise, request a room facing the side wall. Not a lot of light, but much better for sound.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank potrero71
Pablo M, General Manager at Hewing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear potrero71,

I am so glad we are now your home away from home once you are in town! Thank you for your candid feedback, I know my team will be very pleased to know that despite of the noise and water issues, they were able to turn things around for you, empathy is everything and they do a great job at it.

We hope your next visit is soon so you can visit us again!

All my best,