“Quaint setting ”

Ranked #118 of 121 Coffee & Tea in Minneapolis
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited this place on a Wednesday morning and were very impressed with the setting. Had the dark roast of the day and a scone . Both were very good. Service was average. The barista was not real engaged with the customers. The coffee and scones were good.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Place is very dirty. Staff have dirty fingernails and the coffee tasted like it had an oily film on it. I through mine out and won't be back.

1  Thank Ted J
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We were their last week and the coffee is mediocre and the service is just awful! The place is dirty. Avoid this place at all costs!

1  Thank Katybug32962
Reviewed 19 June 2016

As a black man, I have to say that the passive-aggressive racism at this establishment is abhorrent. I was stared at, sneered at, and made to feel unwelcome. All I wanted was my coffee, and these white hipsters treated me like a pariah…They even made comment about my hat, which bore the words ‘Make America Great Again’… They asked me how I could support a racist like Trump. Well first of all, Trump is not a racist, but these little spoiled hipsters clearly are. They even said something to the effect of ‘my kind’ not being welcome around there. The coffee wasn’t that great, either.

2  Thank astraglyph
Reviewed 20 April 2016

With intense focus on perfection in terms of temperature, process and quality, Urban Bean makes the best coffee in Minneapolis. Baristas aren't regular baristas - they're trained assassins.