“Get the macaroons!”

Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 34
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

This bakery, located in a small stall inside the Midtown Global Market, has thoughtfully crafted cupcakes and well-executed pastries. Their Surly cupcake, for example, is a dense dark chocolate cake made with Surly Furious IPA; the bitter hops and cocoa are balance just so with honey and sugar.

My favorite thing there, though, is the macaroons. They are slightly crunchy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside, and not overly sweet. No matter where else I go in the Market, I pick up a 4-pack to take home.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We were given a cookie from the Salty Tart as part of a walking food tour at the Farmer's Market (which looked great, by the way). It was a chocolate/sour cherry cookie. Wow. Really good - and I'm not a cherry fan. So, we decided to see if we could go through one day during our trip. They're located in the Global Market (which is also worth a visit), which we visited on a Sunday morning. We had the ham/cheese croissant and the Sweet Danish, splitting them. The croissant had such good flavor and the danish (again with cherry) was not too sweet with great texture. I also bought their coconut macaroons to take with me (which were very dense, very good). I also got sucked into buying a bottled drink - Eddie Wu (made in MN) that is iced chai and lemonade. We drank it a bit later and while it would have been better if it had been really cold, it was very refreshing.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped by Midtown Global Market and visited the Salty Tart bakery. The chocolate croissant and sweet galette were amazing!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 1 September 2016

The chocolate salted caramel tart is one of the best things I ever ate. $3.50. Next up. Lemon. Do not miss

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 29 June 2016

If you are anywhere near the Midtown Global Market, get thee to this patisserie! The head baker here came from NYC and her creations are magical! I go mostly for the macaroons, but anything here is amazing. Even if you don't want to eat any of these incredible masterpieces, just to walk by to gaze upon them in wonder.

Date of visit: June 2016