Woodland Resort on Lake Miltona
US$ 65
US$ 40
US$ 115
US$ 111
Super 8 Alexandria MN(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 87
US$ 84
Best Western Alexandria Inn(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
All reviewsfishing tripcatching fishhome away from homerusselalexandria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Very nice well kept cabins Steve and Michelle the owners have spent allot of time and money to make the cabins as close to home feeling as possible! The are very helpful and accomadating.cabin 4 is very spacious and plenty of room.We had a great time with kids and grandkids.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed the hammock, the kayaking, the fire pit, and hanging out with the family. This resort is owned and run by the nicest people. They gave my husband great running routes and they have thought of everything including marshmallow sticks! Plus the cabins are so high quality! What a great vacation!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerri H
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

The Woodland Resort is perfect for our family get together. Traveled from Austin, TX and would come back over and over to stay here! Friendly people and ever so helpful! We kayaked, canoed, took our jet skis out and fished! Thanks for making our trip so awesome!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2015

After another excellent week of fishing, Friday, our last day at Woodland, started with a fish story:
On my third cast of the morning, I got a hit on my 4 inch "Yo Mama" plastic bait. This is a killer bait for large mouth bass. As I set the hook, I thought "Man, that was nice, now let's see what he looks like." Then, to my surprise, the line started to peel off the reel as I fought to bring him in. Never have I felt the tug like this! Pull up, reel in, pull up, reel in. As he got closer to the boat, I saw why I was having such a tough time. In the water, about ten yards away, I saw that it wasn't a LM bass that hit the lure, but what looked like a northern! Pull up, reel in. Then, when he was 5 yards away, I got the shock of my life! The northern didn't hit the Yo Mama . . . the northern hit the bass that hit the bait! He had a vice grip on that poor bass! I got him right up to the boat, we realized he was at least 48" long and had a girth of my thigh! Dawn dropped the net into the water and when I tried to turn him towards the net, the northern released the bass and swam away. I reeled in the bass, saw he was tore up from being pulled in 2 directions, so I threw him back in the lake. True story. :)
We fished until 5 then headed in with 3 LM, 15", 15 1/2" and one 17". 3 rock bass and 10 more blue gill. Earlier in the week, I caught a bass just over 18" long, plus many blue gill & sunfish.
Saturday, after we got home, Dawny, the "Blue Gill Slayer" goes to pick up an Aurelio's pizza for our dinner. While waiting in line, she hears a woman tell her friend that her husband just came back from Leech Lake in Minnesota and well. . . he didn't do to good. Dawn tells her that we also just got back from Lake Miltona in Minnesota and we had a great week! The woman tells Dawn that she's never heard of Miltona and that her husband is an "avid fisherman" and would know the lake if it were a good fishing lake. Dawny then pulls out her phone and shows the woman the photos she took. Dawny said the woman's jaw dropped open more than the "bigmouth" bass, as Dawny calls 'em, we caught when she sees the photos!
We also visited Carlos Creek Winery again and bought some of their award winning wines. Another huge "Thank you" goes out to our hosts for the week, Michelle & Steve Russell for another great week of relaxation and fishing!.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Although we have had many experiences at different resorts over the years, Woodland resorts is the most ideal for a whole family to have fun. It is quiet, private, full of amenities and people who care about your experience. The fishing was great, smallmouth, largemouth, walleye, northern and lots of sunnies for the little one to catch. The park area, the beach area, the individual fire pit and grill all made the week perfect. It may be our first time at Woodland but it won't be our last!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family