New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport

Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mendota Heights
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very clean, professional employees, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here for three nights - Fri-Mon. Asked and received for room on top floor. Front desk employees were all very professional, friendly and efficient. My room was very clean, common areas in hotel were also very clean and smelled good. The decor leaves a bit to be desired, color scheme is bright and very busy (green carpet, pink furniture in lobby and blue carpet, orange couch in room with yellow walls). I prefer a more muted, modern look and all the in your face colors were not for me. The bed was very comfortable, just the right amount of support and plush - loved it. The comforter was a joke, very flimsy and instead of a duvet, there was a loose sheet on either side of it. I had to turn to temp up in the room to 76 just to stay warm at night - should of asked for an additional blanket but did not so my bad. Room was good size - one king bed, desk area with chair and tv stand, and small loveseat with coffee table. Patio off room I'm sure is nice in warm weather and was a good size, enough for two to sit comfortably. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with hair dryer, towels, shampoo, conditioner, soaps. I liked that the sink area was outside the bathroom and was granite and a taller height. Small coffee maker worked fine - but supplied coffee was awful (as most are at hotels). Nice flat panel television in room - but as others have noted it is aligned with the side of the bed (vs. the end) so you have to turn to one side to watch. Would be better if room was configured so television could be at the end of the bed. The location is basically a business park so nothing in walking distance, but the hotel has a free 24/7 shuttle and there are plenty of restaurants & shopping within the 5 mile radius. Mall of America and airport both under 10 minutes away. Airplane noise is considerable, but with the location being so close to the airport it was expected. I could see that it might bother others if you are sensitive to such things. Ample well-lit parking. Only one computer for general use by guests located in lobby area. Did not try breakfast. Overall I'd say this is a nice property with very good service and priced right and I would stay again - mostly for price.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest and for your comments and feedback. We are excited to be beginning our lobby renovation in March to be complete by mid May. You will absolutely love the new lobby. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Helena, Mt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We arrived at the airort @ 9:30 am. After getting our luggage we contacted the hotel to pick us up in the shuttle. They arrived within 15 minutes and we were at the hotel by 10:30. We asked if they had any rooms available for check in and low and behold they did. We were in our room and settled by 10:45. At check in I asked the front desk attendant about a late check out on Sunday (our flight home wasn't until 5:30 pm). To my surprise they gave us a late check out at 3:00 pm with no additional charge. Everyone at this hotel was super friendly and accommodating (except for one of the desk attendants who questioned me about the 3:00 pm checkout on Sunday). We had three different shuttle drivers who were all awesome (1 man and 2 women). So friendly and knowledgeable. We used the shuttle service several times during our stay and were always accommodated with our requests and times. We did not eat at the hotel. The hotel is in somewhat of an industrial area and not too convenient to shopping or restaurants but the shuttle service took care of all our needs. The room was very clean and the bed was soooooo comfortable. The pillows were a little flat but there were lots of them. We did go to the pool on our last day - way too many screaming children in there for me but that does not reflect on the hotel whatsoever. My only complaint was there were unattended children running up and down the halls several hours each day but again, not the hotels fault - unresponsible parents. I will say that stopped by 9:00 pm each night so not a huge issue. Thank you for a wonderful stay. There is a computer in the lobby with high speed internet which was very helpful for checking in at the airport and printing boarding passes. Also, free complimentary coffee tea and hot chocolcate in the lobby.

Room Tip: We got room 319. It was a king room with a balcony overlooking the parking lot. No complaints.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I've been staying here a lot this year - well over a dozen times. Here's what I like.

1. Staff. They are fast, efficient and friendly with a good sense of humor! It's been a pleasure dealing with them. My first impressions of the van drivers were way off. In my previous review I thought that one of the drivers was rude, turns out he just had an off day because he's been very courteous ever since.

2. Rooms. Very comfortable and fairly quiet. Minneapolis is a city of temperature extremes. We had temperatures of over 100 degrees here in the summer and today the high is going to be just 10 degrees. Despite that, temperature control in the room is never a problem. And the beds are very comfortable.

3. Transportation. Unlike the La Quinta in MSP they pick you up when they say they will. And they are more than willing to take to local area attractions such as the Mall of America. Nice.

All in all I've really enjoyed my stays here so I'm upgrading my review to level 4.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank DeltaSkyKing
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was stranded in Minneapolis due to a missed connection. Was able to get a last minute reservation at Courtyard. I found it to be a clean, comfortable place to stay close to the airport. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant was closed for the weekend except for breakfast and there were no restaurants in walking distance. The front desk did give me several fliers for delivery options so I was able to eat after a long day of flying. Overall. A good experience.

• Stayed October 2011
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night, before we flew out to North Carolina. We were happy with the hotel, it was clean, nicely furnished and comfortable. I love Courtyard Marriots, they are modern and always have wonderful breakfasts. It was super close to the airport and to the Park n Fly & Park n Go parking lots, where we left our car for the week. The front desk was helpful and gave us great directions on how to get to the parking places. There is a computer room available for guests to use that had 2 computer and a printer, for free. This made our lives easier, especially for printing out our etickets and confirmation for the parking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael M, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to serve you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota Heights
4.9 km away
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
6.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America

Been to Courtyard Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK