We love this place, and this year was the first year of a new annual tradition. Check in was a breeze, and everyone was a cheerful and helpful mood. I brought my family up to ski, and this was the perfect place! Door, patio, steps, golfcart path, ski hill. Seriously, THAT close. The spring skiing was a little on the wet side, but the room had a gas fireplace, and all of our clothes were bone dry by morning. The kids LOVED the pool, it's half inside and half outside, there is a little plastic thing you swim under and that is all! Plus a nice big hot wood sauna, and a hot tub that could probably fit twenty. The maintenance guy that looks like Larry the Cable Guy (I never got his name) was awesome. It seemed like he was around whenever I needed a hand or had a question. Don't let looks fool you, he's friendly, and knows the area. One name I do remember is Roxanne at the front desk, who went over and above to help us out. On the down side, Papa Charlies just doesn't seem what it used to be. The lunch menu is pretty slim, and they don't serve breakfast. Rosie's in the chalet serves a hot, bland breakfast, which is what we ended up doing. Hey, we're here to ski, not test the fine cuisine. There really is no place on the hill anymore for breakfast, Moguls, down the hill a bit, used to have a kick-butt buffet, but I was bummed to see they don't offer it anymore.
I think the room had been redone in the last few years. A comfortable Queen and a fold out futon that was great (I think every hotel should do away with those uncomfortable fold out couches and go with these, no poles digging in to your back all night). Maid service was simple, garbage emptied and towels left on the floor replaced. The room was clean in the first place, and I don't usually demand clean sheets every night at home, so I can live three days on new sheets.
We really had a great trip. Last year we did BlueFin Bay, which was also a great trip, but if you really want to enjoy the hill, skip the hassle of shuttles and stay at Eagle ridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen