See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. We were in the annex on the first floor and would happily stay there again. The parking by the room was convenient with easy access to all things Lanesboro. There was some foot noise from the upstairs room which was limited but pretty unavoidable in those rooms.

I found the locked bicycle shed to be a very nice feature that I wasn't aware of coming in. There was ample room for my tandem bike.

I ate breakfast there and was quite pleased. The French toast was quite yummy and I'm still craving the homemade applesauce and fresh peaches.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

While it is clean and has a secure bike lock up, and yes, a nice front porch, the beds were extremely uncomfortable and the pillows flat. ,Although the room was a good size, the furnishings were very outdated and in need of sprucing up. There is no cute decor in the rooms to match the street appeal. We were in a lower room on the "addition" and when neighbors moved in above us it was very noisy. Had to keep the very loud room air conditioner/fan on to drown out the noise.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Booked last minute and was lucky enough to get the last room. Loved the location for walking and sitting on the front porch watching peeps go by. Bring your bikes for the awesome network of trails; you can store them for free in their shed. The community room for storing food and drinks and for filling up those water bottles was a nice plus.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My wife and I spent night while biking the area and were very pleased with what we found! After spending the previous night across the street, we packed up and moved to Cottage House Inn since 1st place only had 1 night available.While the Stone Mill was nice,(themed rooms),we found Cottage House Inn much more to our liking. For starters,it was $50 cheaper,the rooms were new,and very nicely decorated.So much to said for"new"! The front porch had terrific glider chairs that said "come sit a spell",and the view was wonderful.We'll stay there again next time for sure!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 23 October 2015

The Cottage House Inn is a family-owned and managed. There are no televisions or phones in the rooms, which help make this hotel a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of our modern world. There is a shared common room with a refrigerator, microwave, and even an old piano for sing-a-longs. Breakfast is available on weekends with pre-registration. The hotel is very busy during the fall foliage season and many people book their stays a full year in advance. One of my favorite activities is just sitting on the front porch and watching the pedestrian traffic go by. The Commonweal Theater is just across the street, and several restaurants are within a block or two.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple