See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We have stayed at the Cottage House for over twenty years. That should say it all. Very nice staff. Accommodating. Clean rooms reasonably priced and a great location. I see many more stays in our future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Great hotel for the price. Staff their very friendly and they aim to please. The location walking distance to everything! They have a shed to store bikes if there to ride the Root River Trail. The rooms do not have TV's but who is there to watch TV.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosann45
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Cottage House for three nights. We had a first floor room that was very quiet and clean. The staff offered extra towels right away and were always available. Although they only serve breakfast on weekends, we were conveniently located downtown near all the great restaurants. We chose a different restaurant each day and enjoyed each one. We were also across the street from the Commonweal and just a block from bike rental. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee and teas, available all day and evening. The front porch was great for people watching in the evening.

Bring your own soap and shampoo and media devices. There is good, free wi-fi, but no television in the room. At just $75 a night, we were well satisfied and relaxed. Convenient off-street parking and secure bike storage, too!

Room Tip: We liked the main floor rather than upper level or second building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank christine n
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were in town for the Rhubarb Festival, and stayed one night. My parents stayed in the main part of the inn. My husband and I stayed in the outer part (still attached), in a queen room, while our children had a double room next door. Every one of us thought the inn was very clean, and although the rooms were quite simple, they were homey and comfortable. No tv in the room, but we weren't in town for that, so we had no problem with that. There was free coffee, tea, and hot cocoa in the morning. Breakfast was $8, I believe, and you needed to order it the evening before, and eat at 8:00am sharp. We passed on that, as we preferred to sleep in and were planning on eating at the festival. We all agreed we would stay here again for sure!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I brought my whole family to Lanesboro for Mother's Day Weekend 2014. Very clean, reasonably priced, great location. Not as fancy as some of the other B&B's in town, but they make up for it in service. They were very accommodating as I had some older family members that would have struggled with stairs at a traditional B&B, so they gave us ground floor rooms. Very helpful in getting tickets for a play at the Commonweal Theatre, right across the street from it. Lockable bike storage, and only a block off the Root River Bike Trail. We had some stragglers in the group that needed to check in later than usual, and needed a cot for an extra kid in one of the rooms, and they took great care of us. Will definitely stay here next time, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family