See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2012

You get a very basic, clean, inn type room at a reasonable price. No TV, and Internet in the rooms is iffy (Internet on the front porch and inside the common room). Breakfast is a seperate charge, which I've not tried because it starts late (8 am).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This inn is in the center of downtown Lanesboro and an easy walk to just about anywhere. We walked one block to rent bicycles to ride the Root River Trail. We walked one block the other direction to hop in the van for our Bluffscapes Amish Tour (great tour and highly recommended). Also, the inn is right across the street from the Commonweal Theatre. Lovely front porch to sit on in the evening. The rooms were clean, albeit somewhat simple. Had to ask for a blow dryer for my hair, and I'm glad they had one at no charge. No TV's in the rooms, which forced us to really be on vacation. I'd definitely stay there again - room rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Cottage House Inn in September 2011. We assumed we would be staying at a Bed and Breakfast. Instead, we were given a room in an adjacent building which was more like an economy class motel. The room was clean but no frills. Breakfast was available for an additional charge in the main building. Breakfast was good but nothing particularly special about it. We missed the kind of spirit that we have experienced when staying at a B&B. The staff were polite but not particularly interested in engaging in conversation. The small town of Lanesboro has more than a dozen B&Bs, unless you want to stay downtown I think you could do better than the Cottage House Inn. It is ideally located in the downtown of Lanesboro. We highly recommend the Commonweal Theatre. The play that we saw was very well done. We also recommend the Old Village Hall Restaurant. The areas is especially well-known for its bike trails.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Main Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skr33ch
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Very clean rooms, good location and reasonalbe prices. Bike storage was handy and secure. Felt like we could come and go easily. When we had a question about area attractions, staff was helpful and made good recommendations. Nice outdoor porch area. If in the area, be sure to get to WHALAN - Aroma Pies. In Lanesboro, we enjoyed the Pedal Pushers cafe for lunch. The hotel offers optional breakfast at 8:00 am, which is a bit late for our day ... so we tried out CHAT N CHEW which opens at 6:00 am. Simple and good food. Bike trails were fantastic and we also took an afternoon to visit Mystery Cave at the State Park. We had a good experience at Cottage House Inn and would return on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abc12399
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I stayed at the Cottage House Inn back in November, 2006. Tried to get in during the busy season in 2007, but it was full. I must say that the place I ended up staying was a FAR CRY worse than the Cottage House Inn. Nothing compared! No fresh smelling rooms, no great breakfast, no convenient access to shops, no easy parking. I missed the Cottage House Inn and I was only a mile down the road! In March 2008 I am going back to Lanesboro... and I'm going back to the Cottage House Inn. Nothing else is better, the staff is friendly, the food is excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable, its just wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple