“Great day out ”
Review of Stockeld Park

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Spofforth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and embrace fresh Yorkshire air and time together in our magical setting. We open our beautiful parkland throughout the school holidays with Fun for all the family including, Easter, Spring, Summer, Halloween and Christmas events. We have a wonderful Enchanted Forest, Interactive play, Skating rink, Nordic Skiing and a huge Maze. Finish of your visit to our delicious cafe and fabulous shop.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous day at Stockeld Park. I booked tickets online which made it slightly cheaper and was pleased to see that most things including go-karting and roller-booting was included in the ticket price. The kids loved all the playgrounds and we ended up being there for 7 hours - and they wanted to go back the next day. Highly recommended!

StockeldPark661, Manager at Stockeld Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your review.

Fantastic to hear that you spent the full day with us and enjoyed all the activities we have on offer.

We hope to see you again for another fun filled day!

Kind regards

in 24 reviews
"magical experience"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We took 4 children aged 8, 7, 4 and 3 to Stockeld Park on a cold and rainy day in the Easter holidays. We mostly used the indoor areas and all the kids loved the bouncy pillow (some of the grown-ups did too!) My daughter loved the chocolate-lollipop making and decorating which was a free activity included in the entry price. When the rain eased off the older 2 children took me round the maze and we enjoyed getting lost and then finding our way out! Plenty to do, and space for the kids to burn off their energy, even on a wet day - would highly recommend it!

StockeldPark661, Manager at Stockeld Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Kate S,

Thank you for your 5 star review. How wonderful to hear that the rain didn't spoil your day. Our chocolate making with York's Chocolate Story has been hugely popular, who wouldn't love making personalised chocolate to take home! We have plenty of activities indoors and out, perfect to burn off that extra energy.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It was value for money for a family of five, as there was a discount when I booked the tickets.
As the weather was wet, wet, wet and cold then the place was very quiet. This meant that our children did not have to wait to do anything and enjoyed several circuits of the go karts and a couple of turns on the skating rink.
We had drinks and cake in the cafe which were not ridiculously over priced. However I would not like to experience it in peak season.
Our children enjoyed some time in the play areas, they are probably at the eldest age to enjoy them (12 years old)
As with many places, I do not agree with additional charges for activities such as the boats and the electric scooters. We did not use them.
The staff that we encountered were happy, despite the rubbish weather.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here yesterday with my six year old son and 18 month old granddaughter, we were very unlucky that the weather was cold and wet. I had booked the tickets online at a slightly reduced price for the Easter egg hunt. I was worried that the forecast was really bad but when I looked into it you can not cancel tickets once purchased and the Park will make no allowance for adverse weather. When we got there we went to the cafe for some lunch and drinks, the cafe is overpriced. The indoor play was ok but not great. We went around the enchanted forest but this was ruined by the cold weather as we were all absolutely freezing. I’m sure on a nicer day this would of been much nicer. My son wanted to go in the maze, we weren’t prepared for how long this took to get through, we got lost for an hour and half! Really not good!! The Easter egg hunt was terrible! I had expected it to be a egg hunt where perhaps there was a chocolate egg for the children to collect or something. We didn’t see the bunny but maybe we just missed it? Overall we were very disappointed with the day, granted there’s nothing can be done about the weather but I felt the whole thing was very overpriced for what you get. Unlikely to return in the future.

StockeldPark661, Manager at Stockeld Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear debbieclough,

Thank you for your review, however most of the points mentioned above directly relate to the poor weather, which as you say we can do nothing about. Under 2's are free to enter the site so for just £24 (for 2 full priced tickets) you had unrestricted all day access to pedal go karts, roller skating, maze, enchanted forest, 5 large adventure play areas, indoor play, arts & crafts and the Ugly Bug show, which we think is pretty good value. Sadly the egg hunt cannot involve chocolate eggs for those visitors that have allergy's and intolerances, whilst I can see you were disappointed, I am you would agree the safety of our customers must remain our very first priority. Instead, we have produced large wooden eggs with clues and all visitors are given a worksheet which when completed and handed to a member of our team we give you a chocolate egg (or alternative to suit allergies) and each entry will be added in to a prize draw. You must have missed our Easter bunny, he was out on site during the day between our free arts & crafts and Stockeld Ranger organised games. We do have a large poster on the forecourt advertising the Easter bunny times or if you had spoken to a member of staff they would have been more than happy to give you any further information needed.

Such a shame you are unlikely to return, we have lots of exciting events coming up for Spring and Summer which I am positive you would have enjoyed!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Easter Saturday: wet & cold day, so expected it to be a bit muddy. What I did not expect was the loud and intrusive music blaring out inside the cafe and dry play area which inhibited the possibility of civilised conversation. Not only that, on leaving the indoor area the noise was even louder outside. I don't know if the music was on to drown out other noises, but it certainly put paid to me and my family enjoying the day to the extent that I left with a banging headache and lots of bridges to build with my family.

Dear Tim C,

We have never heard of someone's day being ruined by music, we do have popular music playing in our café and indoor play. Being a children's attraction, we find that it adds to the fun and the spirit of our offering and is a much needed pick me up when the weather is awful outside. We do not have speakers in our maze, on the main field with the inflatables & go karts, inside our ice cream parlour or around the Enchanted Forest, so there were plenty of areas for you to get away from the 'loud intrusive music blaring out', all of which were included in your day pass. You did raise your complaint with a member of our café team who obliged and lowered the volume, however we then received 2 complaints of the music being too low. It seems there is no right answer with volume preferences being completely down to the individual.

We can only apologise if you left with a banging headache and do hope you managed to build those bridges with the family!