“Great service food not so great”
Review of Bungalow Inn

Bungalow Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 36
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bungalow Inn has been around for many many years! We are not a seasonal establishment, we serve breakfast Lunch & Dinner year round including Fish Fry every Friday night, Prime Rib every Saturday Brunch Buffet every Sunday! you will find great portions for the money spent here! Very few places have Scratch made food in house anymore but we pride ourselves on the time and work that goes into everything on our menu all the way down to our dressings and sauces made in house, we are very well known for the homemade soups, hand battered fish, Rib eye steaks cut in house, hand pattied burgers cooked to order, Salads, sandwiches, meatballs!! Too much to mention! Their are a lot of places to go to these days but consistent, simple and good are hard to come by, so come in Stop, Relax & Enjoy!
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped on a Saturday night for dinner we ordered one special- the steak which was ok grill marks but did not taste like hot off the grill. I ordered the prime rib available on Saturday night I would say it was not made that day as it was a heat and eat - (like you order at the grocery) it was delivered medium rare I ordered rare and it was luke warm -- I told the waitress who said we heated it in the aujus so they tried heating it but when delivered still not piping hot and now on the well side. She offered another menu item which I ordered chicken st croix which was served hot and it was good -- just a disappointment as we have had good food in the past.

2  Thank Kathy B

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Years ago I was a frequent patron. Good and service was always 5*....guess times change.
8 friends playing bingo on a Sat afternoon, all seniors. Took some doing to turn off overhead fans as AC caused all of to shiver. Our waitress was most accommodating, fun, and offered suggestions for apps to nibble on. All were promptly served freshly hot out of kitchen. Would recommend cheese curds, onion rings, and walleye strips, excellent!
After donating to the bingo game, myself and another male pale retired to the bar leaving the ladies to chat.
Initial bar service was prompt and cordial. As other patrons ordered dinner at the bar, we noticed our bartrendess kept retiring to the kitchen to retrieve the orders, and serving. Hmmmm, normally a table waitress would do that chore and be directed where to serve bar diners. Also, bartrendess appeared to have numerous friends at bar, and getting her attention was most difficult.
Eventually we opted to remain and ordered dinner, special was prime rib. Finally.....dinner was served. Upon opening my baker, noticed it was warm at best and would not melt butter. My wife's was identical and she sent hers back to reheat. Promptly returned, little change if any. I decided to continue with my lukewarm food. Prime rib, served with au juis and horseradish was very good, would have been excellent if served hot.
Restaraunt was not busy, had to wonder what "if" it was.
Still a good bar/restaurant, moderate pricing, good parking, close to freeway. Will return when in area.
RTinMN

1  Thank RTinAZ
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Hello RT! Thank you for coming in with us Saturday! Glad you enjoyed bingo that is put on by the American Legion out of Bayport! We are a very old building so to control the temperature in the building can be a process! We typically keep fans on to move the air or it gets pretty stuffy! We do love to serve food at the bar but we don't expect servers who have their own customers at tables to worry about food at the bar, each Employee is responsible for their own customers, sometimes they will bring it out if they are back there and see food in the window, but the bartender knows what you want with your order so it's best they get your order as to not have something such as ranch or extra anything like butter you may have asked for, but I am sorry if you didn't get the customer service you should have and your baked Potato should melt your butter! I really hope you continue to visit us when in the area and I will talk to my staff about paying attention around the bar! We do pride ourselves on our food and customer service! We continue to be a scratch made Kitchen and having moderate pricing! Hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

My family and I have been going to the Bungalow for over twenty years.
We stopped going there after we were told my wife couldn't order a meal that wasn't on the menu any longer after the owner said that we could. She ordered it for over two years then just one night she was told that she couldn't after our order was placed.

I talked to the owner and he was unaware of this. Then he said the kitchen rules.

This wouldn't be enough to keep me from going back, but when the manager posted that we were being "childish" publicly on Facebook, well that was enough.

They've lost a lot of good help because of "the kitchen rules".

So be it. There are other places in the valley that would like our money and have just as good of food and better policies.

Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Sorry that we don't sell food that is not on the Menu?? Most places don't sell food you don't see on the menu. And our help that is no longer here are gone for good reason, some is theft. I don't believe you have been in here for a few years so i'm not sure why you felt the need to post this recently. We do a great Business and it gets better each and every year so I think we are doing something right, we can't please everyone, wish we could but policies are put in place for a reason and there is a reason we have been in Business for years!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped in today on a whim and loved it! It's old school, reminds me of an old supper club, the atmosphere was exactly what we wanted. Friendly staff, laid back, good solid Sunday brunch (only $13!), and transports you to a simpler time. Can't wait to go back to try the fish fry or prime rib.

1  Thank lijtay
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We sat at the bar to eat, and Tracy was our bartender. She wasn't very friendly, had no smile, and didn't seem overly happy to be there. Other than that, the food was decent, and we'll be back since we don't let others moods determine ours. My husband had the French onion soup. It was beautiful to look at with a lot of thick cheese on top, served with three little garlic French breads. He thought it was pretty good, but had more bread inside then onions. We shared the deep fried mushrooms, but those were average at best. The breading on them was a little strange- kind of tough. The cod dinner I had was good. There was a lot of white fish, and I loved it. The baked potato was regular, and the side salad was pretty good- nice sized serving. The place is old fashioned, which we like, and decently warm on a cold night.

1  Thank Jilly070