“Lovely place very welcoming ”
Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Castle Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cawood
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Since the new owners, this place has blossomed into a wonderful place. Hear nothing but good things about it and the food looks phenomenal! Keep it up guys

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Came here for my mum's birthday a week ago and it was excellent! It is very local to us and heard it had a new chef so thought we would give it a go...the food was delicious, I had the soup of the day (tomato) and it tasted so fresh it was the best soup I have ever had! For main I had the 'Bangers and mash' which were also yummy with rich onion gravy and creamy mash! Good portion sizes and my mum really enjoyed her birthday meal! Excellent value for money and the wine also went down a treat! I highly recommend to anyone wanting decent portions of quality food :)

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We've been here to eat regularly over the last few months and can say the food has never failed to impress. It is of great quality and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is lovely with the separate pub to restaurant areas. The children's menu has great variety and is always our first choice to eat out. We would highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Very poor service, food overpriced for very poor quality. Waited over an hour for mains to come out when restaurant not busy, waited half an hour for three desserts (one being ice cream) would not recommend or return!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

So I wanted to try the new menu by the new Chef - I wasn’t disappointed! The Sunday set menu is not only a beautifully presented taste sensation but is very reasonably priced. My party of 12 we’re thrilled, children included and they were very accommodating for my baby. Every dish that I ordered I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed. The pate was a step above the rest, the roast beef cooked to absolute perfection and the sticky toffee pudding was to die for. I’m already planning my next visit as desperate to try the rest of the menu!

1  Thank BigTimeFoodieVeeWee
Graham U, Owner at The Castle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear BigTimeFoodieVeeWee

Thanks for your amazing review, I am delighted the food and team was this good! They have worked really hard since we took over in November to create an exceptional experience.

We really look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes