“a different type of burrito”
Review of Taco Andale

Taco Andale
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I've been to Taco Andale twice now due to a Groupon deal, and it is growing on me. They have a menu of 9 burritos, so in that way it is not a Chipotle-type of establishment. They have simple beef and chicken burritos, but they specialize in atypical versions of the old favorite. For example, my son ordered a pork burrito that had strawberry preserves and cinnamon twists on it. I ordered a siracha frito burrito. Others have fruity slaws or bleu cheese, buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce. They are enough of a difference from assembly line Mexican fast food places to make me think differently when I want to go get something to satisfy my craving for a burrito.
I must say, however, that it is a little disconcerting at first to experience a burrito that smells like cinnamon. You have to adjust your mindset a bit to eat here, unless you get their plain Jane burrito. Go a little crazy and try it. It's definitely worth experiencing a time or two to see if it Mexican enough for you.

BTW, they also have good chips and salsa. Tacos, salads, and quesadillas are available too.

The restaurant itself is pretty small, located in a strip mall. I like the atmosphere, however, especially the media board displaying tweets, Facebook posts (they are obvioulsly into social media), weather, and news headlines. It's a pretty simple place, but you gte your food so quickly you won't be in there long.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Our grandchildren and their mother recommended this place as a quick mexican restaurant. When we walked in I was reminded of a Subway serving mexican food without the franchised look. The menu is limited but is better than Taco Belle or Taco John's. It is on par with Chipotle, maybe a little better.

We had the Pork Andale Burrito and the Monterrey Cristo Burrito. Both were very good. I had never had a Burrito with Strawberry Preserves or Chinnachips (a sweet cinnamon treat) mixed in with the Pork belly, rice and beans. It is a great combination, though I don't know if I would want a steady diet of them. Have your dessert with your entree? The Pork Andale Burrito has Apple Slaw in it as an extra flavor. My wife like that entree.

Many more people stopped in after work to pick up their dinner than sat at the tables. There is room for both types of customers. You walk up to the counter, order your food and the Wait staff will bring it to you when it is ready.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

small store. I have ordered from there twice, to go orders both time. The Ol' Reliable with beef and chicken are good, hard and soft shells awesome. Very fresh ingredients, nothing phony, nothing canned. More Chipotle style, definitely NOT Taco Bell (thank god). Highly recommend, they have other interesting taco combos that I will try in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

Taco Andale is located in the same building that used to house the Pilot Knob Pizzeria. We stopped in at 7pm on a Friday night and the place was very busy. The restaurant is small and there are about 6 or 7 tables. The menu is rather limited. They offer several items/combinations which can either be served as a burrito or in a bowl. We had the sriracha chicken and a bag of tortilla chips with their homemade salsa. The salsa they make is fantastic. The hot version has a nice kick to it. The mild has a very nice smoked chipotle flavor. The sriracha chicken was good, but I like mine with a little more spice so I added some more sauce to it which made it just right. I'd definitely order it again. For two orders of sriracha chicken bowls and a bag of tortilla chips, we spent $20 which I thought was reasonable. Overall I enjoyed it and will be going back.

1  Thank BradX_11