New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
East Troy, Wisconsin, United States
“Terriffic Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Twernt nothing wrong with this establisment atall. Well, maybe better pillows. But clean as a whistle!

Room Tip: Dont stay in the room where they guy kept the monkey.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cable, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This was BY FAR the best low cost hotel/motel I've ever stayed at. The room was as clean as you can possibly get. It would even pass the white glove test. I didn't expect a kitchenette type room though I thought it was really a neat idea and for someone even staying one night you could save big bucks microwaving a meal. It had a nice size refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, a coffee maker with coffee, and even a kitchen sink. Oh, can't forget the silverware, pots and pans, plates, bowls, all the stuff you would need.
I am disabled so I need a special bathroom and that was excellent also. The exterior of the place was exceptional and they even had beautiful flowers near the entrance. I can't believe they had an outside company do that (but maybe) so I think someone took this on personally. The lobby, hallways, just everything was in place and clean.
Now the good part! The staff and I mean All Of Them were the most courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful bunch of folks I've ever, and I mean Ever have had the pleasure to help me. I usually stay at 3 star hotel/motels so I was a little anxious when made reservations there, though those anxious moments quickly dwindled. The tv was the older type though it didn't make a difference because it came in as clear as could be. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the bed was somewhat on the firm side. And that's the only thing I can think of that I wasn't fond of. I've stayed at many 3 star places that weren't half as nice so for the money you just can't get any better. You won't regret making reservations there and once you've stayed there you'll go back. Hope this helps!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on a mini-vacation to the Twin Cities. Used the "Name your own price" function on that other website and got it for around forty dollars/night (AFTER taxes and fees!). The place was clean and it was nice to have a fridge. Bathroom was a bit small (door almost hit the toilet) and a newer comforter and a larger, flat-screen TV would have been nice, but the room was just fine as a place to sleep for a few nights, especially for that price. We appreciated the free wifi and Mall of America coupon book (ask for it at the desk).

If it will bother you that you don't get free breakfast and that your room won't be made up every day, don't stay here, but otherwise it's a great way to save money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dvmsara
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I try to be positive with these reviews, but there were definitely some deficiencies with this hotel. Firstly everything on the surface seemed ok, however upon entering the room a funky food smell permeated everything. The floor seemed a bit sticky and while cooking supper I looked under the hood range and was grossed out with all the dirt there! Same with under the toilet ledge. This made me question everything. The hotel is getting tired and the plumbing was corroded and the taps squeaked and turned on in both directions. I booked the room for me and my 2 teenage girls (so 3 of us). There were only enough dishes for 2 (and some items we had only one of; worn plastic cup and one coffee mug and a broken can opener). One of the beds leaned in towards the middle of the bed, the other was ok. On a positive note, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Having the kitchen was nice so that we didn't have to eat out all the time. This place could be very nice if given a little face lift on the inside and a good cleaning. I would not stay here again, but would go to the other Homestead Suites, Minneapolis Airport....I've stayed there and was very impressed. It's the same idea, same chain, just newer and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
greene ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

We were so very pelased with our stay here. We were in town for family issues. The location was very close to the airport, and accessible to so much! The staff there were wonderful to us. we were pleasantly surprised with how helpful it was to have a kitchenette in the room with us, for drinks and small snacks, as well as making breakfast. Thank you so much for making out stay in minneapolis pleasant and conveinent!! (by the way dinner at the granite City next door was WONDERFUL!!)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple