“Va Benne Birthday Party”
Review of Va Bene Caffe

Va Bene Caffe
Ranked #6 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, fresh from-scratch Italian. Not your nonna's trattoria. Pastas, salads,pizzas, steak, fish, fresh baked desserts and gelato. Full bar, fantastic wine list and specialty cocktails. Perched overlooking Lake Superior with the best views of the lift bridge and harbor. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Reserved a table with a lake view for 4 people. There is a sundeck glassed in with tables and you can see below a little outdoor grotto for summer weather. The entire place felt very cozy! We started with Bellinis and Espresso Martinis and some ordered off the brunch menu the Frittatta an Egg Dish with Italian Sausage and the rest had the Bistecca Pasta which was Tenderloin with Gorgonzola cheese. All the meals were very satisfying and the drinks delicious!
We had brought our own birthday cake which we really didn't need to do as I saw a beautiful selection of homemade desserts in a case when we walked in the front door. There was also a wonderful selection of Gelato as well. They normally charge a small plating fee but waived it as we all ordered our favorite flavor of Gelato to go with our cake!!! They cut the cake and served it with the Gelato and a wonderful time was had by all!!!!
I will definitely come again!!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

My husband and I eat here whenever we travel to Duluth. The food is consistently excellent and the prices are reasonable. We've always been able to be seated in the back room so I can see 'my majestic Lake Superior'.
After we had paid our bill (and left a 25% tip), my husband asked our server if she had a tissue/Kleenex/paper napkin. She barked at us that they in the front room. My husband has dementia and could not find the paper napkins. Our server absolutely saw that he was still looking and walked past him by without offering help. Now, I could understand this if the restaurant was busy...but the time on our receipt was 4:15. There were hardly any other customers in the restaurant at this time. I did ask another server to help us..he was wonderful. A little kindness goes a long way---for both my husband and me, as caregiver. I left feeling very sad .....

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We were glad to get a seat on a busy weekend and set right inside the door. It was so noisy with the open kitchen that we couldn't talk. Food was wonderful, atmosphere not so much.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Get the Gorgonzola Sauce! It was amazing. As was the house focaccia bread. The view, the staff, the food...everything was perfect! The menu has a little something for everyone. Recommend for a nice meal out. A little pricey but worth the cost!

1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has evolved into our most favorite place to eat in Duluth. Great service, outstanding food and tasteful wine choices.... while being budget friendly. All of this with an absolutely stunning view of Lake Superior!

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK