“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of New Scenic Cafe

New Scenic Cafe
Ranked #6 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Tuna tacos and the burgers were delicious. Menu is creative and a bit pricier than we were expecting ($17 for a burger and fries), but worth every penny! We will stop again! Beautiful patio area if you have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

So so worth it! This place can be super busy, so definitely make a reservation. We went around 3.30pm, and there was a 15 min wait to get seated, so not too bad. The ahi tuna tacos are my favorite item on their menu - can't beat it!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Returning to Minnesota's North Shore after teaching out of state, I ritually visit the New Scenic Café for at least one meal. The menu is ever-changing and affordable, and there are plenty of vegetarian options. This time I had a ratatouille lasagna, with "noodles" made from thin-sliced zucchini—it was delicious! The vibe at the Scenic is relaxing, and many were enjoying the restaurant's gardens from their Adirondack-style chairs. Good beverage selections, too. It's still my favorite spot just outside Duluth.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

If I'm in the area I try to stop here. The menu is ever changing and always, always delicious food. Go - do not miss out!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I understand a popular destination having a seating wait, but after I am seated, I would expect the service to be somewhat less aggravating. Seemed very understaffed, with appetizer taking nearly an hour, and over 30 minutes for a drink order. The food was all excellent, but by the time it was received at the table the frustration level had reached the point that any enjoyment of the meal was largely soured. I know the staff has little control over the patrons, but PLEASE, after children have been careening off our table, galloping up and down the dining area, crying and adding to the stress of the wait, the staff should inform parents that this is not McDonalds play place. All we wanted to do was leave. The low light of our otherwise exceptional trip to Duluth.

Been to New Scenic Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK