“Inexpensive yet excellent Korean food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dong Yang Oriental Foods
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 10
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Awesome hole in the wall at back of a market.

Prices are reasonable, you get large portions.

Food is delicious, as good as any other Korean restaurant in the Twin Cities and I lived in Korea for a year.

Don't let the market the regular clientele or the limited english of staff intimidate you; this is a hidden gem.

Menu has large pictures so you can see what you are ordering.

Enjoy, I love this one!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The food was good and fresh! We were being helped by a nice waitress who serve us so fast. The food was tasty and I like there bimbimbap! And the appetizer too was amazing. I can see from ordering there kitchen that all vegetables are fresh as well as the meat and it is as well organize and clean. The table was almost full when we get there, korean food is really my favorite and if you want to try it I highly recommend this place. They also serve fresh hot tea for free!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after work when I was in the area. I almost missed it from the outside. Go all the way to the back to the little cafe. Very easy to read menu on display and what each comes with. I tried the beef short ribs and it came with some sides including kimchi. I liked it enough that I bought some of their jarred kimchi for sale. Nice grocery store to stock up on Korean food essentials.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The restaurant is a surprise find for 2 reasons: it's located in the back of an oriental grocery store, and it's very, very good.

A good test of whether an ethnic restaurant in the heart of Scandahooooovia country is any good is if there are ethnics eating the food. Yes, there were lots of Asians (many of whom I presume were Korean).

Order off the large menu above the counter. The person behind the counter will give you a number. When she calls your number, your food is ready to pick up.

The bbq pork was excellent. The portion size of the bibimbap (rice, protein and vegetables served in a bowl) was a bit on the small size considering the price.

Don't be turned off by location. It's very good Korean.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Didn't expect to find such good Korean food inside of this supermarket, beef ribs, seafood tofu soup are the best!