“Two Thumbs Up for Black Bear Casino & Hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carlton
Black Bear Casino Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carlton
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This was our first trip to Black Bear. Stayed one night (Friday) but wish it could have been more. From check-in to check-out our stay was GREAT! We had a clean, comfortable King room in the Tower on the 9th floor. Floor to ceiling windows and modern furnishings. The hotel provides Bath & Body Works toiletries which impressed me. Coffee maker also was a wonderful surprise as I love a cup first thing in the a.m. Casino had a variety of slots for me to choose from and a small bar for my husband to play his video bj or poker.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arkansaskate
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 October 2009

This resort/casino is located approx. 30 mi south of Duluth, MN and they have recently completed a multi-story addition to the original motel. Definately, request that your room is in the new tower, although it is more expensive than the original motel building. It's well worth the difference in price. Rooms are large, clean and certainly well appointed with quality furnishings and amenities. Stayed overnight on a casino gambling trip and can't say much for the casino which is also new, but certainly does not pay well. However, the rooms are moderately priced and top quality. I would rate the food as a 3 on a scale of 5.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I had read some of the earlier reviews, and was a bit leery. But seeing as it was so close to my destination, decided to stay here anyway. I couldn't get a non smoking room, but even though i'm a non smoker, i couldn't discern a difference from non smoking hotel rooms i've stayed in before. I have no complaints, staff was friendly, cleanliness, and all aspects of the hotel, room, restaurant and casino met, and frankly, actually exceeded my expectations, since i was expecting less from the reviews i had previously read. I plan to stay here on my next pleasure trip to the duluth/cloquet area as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank PoppleDog
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We have been coming to this hotel for the past 7 years with friends and family usually totaling about 20 - 25 of us. This will be our last trip for all of us. The furniture in the rooms was fifthy. We had a suite by the pool and the pull out couch was broken and could not be used. We have always brought alcholic beverages with us for sitting out by the pool and just relaxing. Security constantly check us when coming and going with any luggage claiming no alcohol could be brought in as they had had issues with some teenagers that did damage to several rooms, which obviously ours was one of the them. I am assuming it was turned into insurance so why am I paying for a room with inferior furniture and not able to use it and not really wanting to sit on anything because of how nasty it was. The purpose for the pooslide room was to enjoy the open area for visiting. Would have loved to use the whirlpool however you could never get in because of all the kids which started at 7 in the morning and lasted until well after we were in bed which was after 2AM. Tthe other hotels we have staryed in have a time limit of when the kids have to be out of the pool, which again, we wanted the whirlpool. Here I don't think there was any kind of limit . Seems to me at the other hotels we have stayed at, kids were not allowed in the whirlpool, only adults. When I brought it up to the front desk I was told that is the chance you take when getting a poolside room. I never mentioned the noise of the kids, which again I am assuming she was referring to because of her comment, as that is only common sense you are going to have the pool noice. That was not the issue. We have always looked forward to staying at Black Bear and I have referred several friends to stay there. Looks like Hinckley will be getting both our business and referrals in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank caroljo2
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The room was clean and the rates where great, I enjoyed the breakfast and the evening meal.

Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlton
0.5 km away
20.8 km away
Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth
28.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Duluth North

Been to Black Bear Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK