All reviews prime rib breakfast buffet slot machines nice room players card sitting area stayed one night beds were very comfortable king bed players club twin cities duluth payouts concert tile mn
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We had poolside rooms, those are all the older rooms. I guess you get what you pay for, it was alright for 75 bucks. Needs updating. I would recommend staying in the tower rooms, I am sure they were better than the older part. The rooms were clean but our bathroom door was falling apart on the inside, looks like the bathroom flooded at one time.
The food at the buffet was good and reasonable, breakfast buffet was 5.99. The casino was nice but really smokey. I probably wouldnt choose to go back there but that is because there isnt a lot to do around there unless you swim and gamble.
We also brought beer in our room and were discrete about it. I am sure the people complaining about getting kicked out were probably getting out of control and that is why they got kicked out.

Room tip: take a tower room, also get a players card before checking in, you save 10%
Date of stay: August 2011
2  Thank June E
Reviewed 30 July 2011

One ofnthe really great things about the Black Bear is all the things to do on the property. There`s a big swimming pool, a couple of whirlpools, and all the gambling you could want. The rooms are quite reasonable. Ours was on the top floor, which meant it had a great view of the woods beyond the property. The beds were confortable. The bathroom shower could have been better, but everything was clean and comfortable. The buffet at this casino is very good, in our experience. «we had lunch and breakfast, and liked lunch better. «breakfast was standard, but some of the lunch offrerings were exceptional. If you get one of their vip club cards, you get 10 percent off the room and a buck off the buffet. It`s like found money.

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank tomcat33333
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The rooms were clean and very nice, and the front desk staff very helpful when I had questions about local sites to see. There are two restaurants on site, and lots to do with a casino on site also. I loved it and have stayed here once a year for several years.

Room tip: aks for the best price room
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I really enjoyed my stay there. I'm not big on gambling, but even so I still came out with more than I came in. Ended up with a smoking room, but it hardly smelled like smoke at all. The beds were comfy. The pillows were on the far side of decent.

Had a sandwich at the Sage Cafe and I found it very delicious. Had breakfast at the buffet in the morning. The bacon was over done, but everything else was satisfactory. Got very full off very little. Overall, I would definitely go again.

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We have stayed at Black Bear Hotel 3 times now. In all stays we had great service in all of the many areas of the Resort. The food was good in the Deli and the lunch buffet was good too. When you check in the desk staff will give you some perks, like coupons for cash, yes cash, and $ off in the food places and video game area. We spent some time with the kids in the game room, they could use a kids opinion on the games they want to play in there though. My kids wernt interested in much there except getting tickets to turn into prizes.
Over all the rooms have been large, quiet, and sufficent for our purposes. The pool area is large with a nice gathering area. The hot tubs didn't seem to be working properly any of the visits.
They have some great specials and good weekday rates too. Tell them you saw the reviews at Trip advisor. Hoping we may get a discount for mentioning that too soon!

Date of stay: April 2011