“Amazing Pie!”

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Woodnewton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The White Swan has a traditional 17th Century stone exterior, surrounding a contemporary open plan interior, with tall tables around the bar, cosy booths around the log burner and solid wooden tables and floor throughout. We serve beers from local breweries and a broad selection of wines from around the world, complimented by a regularly changing menu to reflect what is seasonally and locally at its best. There is a good sized car park to the rear and both a lawned garden and a covered and heated patio area.
Reviewed 15 March 2017

My daughter, parents and I popped in on a Monday evening for some food. Between us we had steak, pie and fish and chips and it was all excellent, empty plates all round. The staff were excellent. Can't wait to go again.

1  Thank juliekearp

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Came to eat on Monday evening - was seated early the restaurant and bar seemed to fill up and get busy , had the Chicken and Mushroom Pie was amazing , one of the best Pies I've eaten !
No doubt be returning very soon

1  Thank fancypants2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful evening at The White Swan,Woodnewton.
I attended the Thai night with my husband and three other friends.
I found the food to be very tasty and plentiful. The service was excellent with the staff all being friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them.
Very pleasant surroundings and nice atmosphere.
Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Visited for a pub lunch on a very quiet Wednesday. The exterior of the pub is an old, rural, stone building, however, this isn't reflected in the interior, which seems to have been scrubbed clean of any history or character. Our fish finger sandwiches, from the bar menu, were actually battered goujons of fish, which became oily mush when placed between bread and lettuce. The bar staff were pleasant enough, but there was little ambience or atmosphere to tempt us back.

1  Thank Tw1961
Reviewed 17 February 2017

After a great Thai evening before Christmas, I returned last month for lunch with a friend. Service rather poor and my dish of hake rather over buttered/oiled. Tried again this week with my husband, we arrived at 12.45 to an empty pub, and no one else came. We both had the pate which was truly excellent, followed by fish and chips. They were the worst we have ever eaten, in fact we left most of them. Such a shame, we used to go there often.
With zero atmosphere and poor food we shall not return.