3,228 results
All reviews courtyard bar afternoon tea old church evening meal jacuzzi bath deluxe room peak district leisure facilities self service leisure club three course meal lovely setting groupon deal night break birthday treat short break relaxing break
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a nice old building set in nice grounds. It's just such a shame that it's not been maintained inside. The entrance foyer and staircase have thread bare carpets (complete with rips)
The reception staff were friendly. However i booked a double room but was given a single. The actual room was a reasonable size, however the mattress was completely shot and should have been replaced months ago.
Dinner was fairly good
Breakfast was average

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon M
ShrigleyGolfMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for your review Simon and for visiting Shrigley Hall. You may have read previous replies highlighting our rolling refurbishment programme. This is currently in full flow and I hope that you may return in the future to enjoy the improvements made.

Sincerest apologies regarding the inconvenience with the bedroom.

Regards,

Tim

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can only reiterate the other reviews left on here regarding the tired look of the rooms. I’m sure the management will put a reply on here regarding refurbishments....
This extended unfortunately to the tired looking Golf clubhouse on the outside, which we visited over the weekend.

It’s a real shame because the food in the restaurant was really great, the staff in the restaurant & the Courtyard Bar were great!!!!

Tim in the golf clubhouse on our first day was a really nice chap & made our golf group feel relaxed & looked after.

The golf course is tough & challenging in places, get yourself a buggy if you can as there’s a bit of a walk & it’s slightly hilly in places.

It’s a real shame, it’s let down by its run-down bedrooms & golf clubhouse, it’s real assets are its staff & the food from the restaurant.

Would we go back again.....Not unless there was further investment in the property, we’ve stayed in nicer looking places for the same price over the past years.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Simon J

Good morning Simon,
Thank you for your review and for visiting Shrigley Hall. Some very positive comments regarding the food & the team which will be fed back. You have obviously read previous replies from the team here regarding our refurbishment programme, but I want to re-iterate, that it is in progress - bedrooms, leisure & spa facilities, function rooms - but on a rolling basis. The feedback has been excellent so far regarding the improvements. The Lodge exterior will be subject to improvements during the off-season. It appears that you enjoyed the course and the challenge it presented, therefore I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

It was good to meet you during your stay. Regards, Tim

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I feel sorry for the staff doing their best but it is hard not to be mostly focused on shabby rooms that look as if they are from the 1970's; basic shower over the bath that leaks everywhere, no soundproofing, threadbare carpet, etc. Positives are a wonderful location and staff that try their best. My rating is generous and I won't go back until there is a major refurbishment.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Terry G

Hello Terry G,

Many thanks for your comments and you will be pleased to hear that refurbishments are underway. Bedrooms have been completed, the rest being upgraded on a rolling basis. Updates are being posted on our social media channels and we do hope that you will return in the future to enjoy improvements made.

Regards, Tim

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I wend out for a drive and called at Shrigley Hall for something to eat. The drive up to the lovely house and the views were gorgeous but inside another story. The whole place looked tired and neglected.
We stayed for lunch and I admit the food was good and the staff polite but the room let it down.
The toilets off the bar, I'm afraid I can't stop laughing about them. The cubicles (only2, must be difficult if the bar is full) were so small a mother couldn't get into it with her toddler, and it's only a shoulders width wide - ridiculous.
There is no separate lounge to sit and have coffee. I was disappointed as it's a 4 star luxury hotel, but not by my standards.
The only saving grace were the staff and the food.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mancunian2000

Hello mancunian2000,

Thank you for visiting Shrigley Hall and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed both food and service provided by the team. Many areas of the hotel are or are due to be refurbished shortly. Hopefully, you will choose to return in the future and enjoy the changes made.

Regards, Tim

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I went here for Sunday lunch, to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Their fixed price Sunday lunch menu is £24 for 2 people, this includes starter, main and dessert, all with choices and a bottle of wine! Unbelievable! We couldn’t finish our wine and we’re allowed to take it home. We saw one couple who didn’t have their wine opened take the whole bottle away with them.

The food is good quality, pleasantly served and the restaurant is lovely. The hotel itself is in a stunning location, with good views and well kept grounds.

It’s well worth a visit for such a bargain of Sunday lunch.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheilaelizabeth13
ShrigleyGolfMgr, Guest Relations at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Lovely review to read Sheilaelizabeth13. Our Sunday Lunch offering has proved very popular, so great to see we have welcomed another very satisfied guest. You may wish to return for our just as popular afternoon tea promotion - from just £24 for two - including a glass of prosecco! Thanks again, Tim