“Definately Beware!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brainerd
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When we arrived we were told that we got the last room. The room smelled of cigarette smoke which kept me up most of the night. When I got home, the stale smoke smell was still clinging to my pajamas! Also the smoke dectetor was not working and looked like someone had taken it apart. The sink was clogged and drained very slowly. We could not wait to get out of there! When I mentioned these problems to the desk person, I was told that they would look into it. They never even appologized for any of the problems!!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ssdfhgsf
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 July 2006

I did a thorough search of all websites and this Econolodge had the best rate. If you make the reservation though econolodge[--], you are given the AAA rate. When we checked in, we were given what the receptionist called a 10% discount for a total of $139 for 2 nights in a 2 queen room). I checked my on line reservations which showed a rate of $59.39 + 9.5% MN tax. We paid $10 more. I sicked my husband on the management and we were given a $5.50 refund. We were told that Brainerd has city tax too. So make sure you bring your printout with the quoted price during check-in.

Clean, spacious, quiet, and located in a remote location, we enjoyed our stay. The room also had a bigger sized TV with cable, small fridge, microwave, hairdryer and steam iron and ironing board. The bed was not very comfortable for me. I could feel one of the spriings on the bottom of the bed. Water pressure was good although our bath tub had a sluggish drain. We reported the problem to the front desk and they fixed it immediately. Towels were thicker than in other budget motels. Local calls are free and there is free wireless internet. There is a desktop computer in the lobby which is free for guest usage. There was a big sumptious breakfast of cereals, milk, bagels and cream cheese, toast and jelly, biscuits, muffins, donuts, orange juice and coffee. They did not scrimp on food at all! We came during the weekday so there were fewer guests so a lot more food for us. The only problem was the pervasive smell of curry and grease on the corridors and lobby. This was not present in the room although there was also a peculiar odor, maybe of a type of cleaner they were using. It immediately disappeared when the AC was turned on.

Verdict: Great value for your money. I would suggest though that you call the motel directly to get the room rate with tax and to confirm your non-smoking room. We were fortunate to stay during a less busy time so we had no problems getting the room we wanted.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 29 November 2005

Bait and switch; facility advertised nonsmoking rooms available on Orbitz and after we made reservation and arrived at facility none available!

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brainerd
4.0 km away
7.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
7.1 km away
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK