“It is not much”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brainerd
Monticello, Minnesota
“It is not much”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Heads up review written by a non smoker in a smoking room. Room smells heavy after smoke and what i would say is dog. Have stayed here before when it was an econo lodge and had good luck then. Got in late and was told this was the last room even thought I had asked for non smoking. The room is just not good. I may stay elsewhere next trip to Brainerd.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank ScottyTravels1972
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
washington
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We made a reservation for a non-smoking room. When we arrived we were told that we got the last room. The room smelled of cigarette smoke which kept me up most of the night. When I got home, the stale smoke smell was still clinging to my pajamas! Also the smoke dectetor was not working and looked like someone had taken it apart. The sink was clogged and drained very slowly. We could not wait to get out of there! When I mentioned these problems to the desk person, I was told that they would look into it. They never even appologized for any of the problems!!

• Stayed July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ssdfhgsf

Travellers are raving about these Brainerd hotels

Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 6 July 2006

I did a thorough search of all websites and this Econolodge had the best rate. If you make the reservation though econolodge[--], you are given the AAA rate. When we checked in, we were given what the receptionist called a 10% discount for a total of $139 for 2 nights in a 2 queen room). I checked my on line reservations which showed a rate of $59.39 + 9.5% MN tax. We paid $10 more. I sicked my husband on the management and we were given a $5.50 refund. We were told that Brainerd has city tax too. So make sure you bring your printout with the quoted price during check-in.

Clean, spacious, quiet, and located in a remote location, we enjoyed our stay. The room also had a bigger sized TV with cable, small fridge, microwave, hairdryer and steam iron and ironing board. The bed was not very comfortable for me. I could feel one of the spriings on the bottom of the bed. Water pressure was good although our bath tub had a sluggish drain. We reported the problem to the front desk and they fixed it immediately. Towels were thicker than in other budget motels. Local calls are free and there is free wireless internet. There is a desktop computer in the lobby which is free for guest usage. There was a big sumptious breakfast of cereals, milk, bagels and cream cheese, toast and jelly, biscuits, muffins, donuts, orange juice and coffee. They did not scrimp on food at all! We came during the weekday so there were fewer guests so a lot more food for us. The only problem was the pervasive smell of curry and grease on the corridors and lobby. This was not present in the room although there was also a peculiar odor, maybe of a type of cleaner they were using. It immediately disappeared when the AC was turned on.

Verdict: Great value for your money. I would suggest though that you call the motel directly to get the room rate with tax and to confirm your non-smoking room. We were fortunate to stay during a less busy time so we had no problems getting the room we wanted.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 November 2005

Bait and switch; facility advertised nonsmoking rooms available on Orbitz and after we made reservation and arrived at facility none available!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brainerd
5.0 km away
4.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
6.0 km away
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Brainerd? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK