1,700 results
All reviews pool area across the street poolside room best westerns hot tub water features great pool attached restaurant within walking distance waffles the breakfast area shuttle service large pool free breakfast water park free shuttle fridge and microwave
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Our room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfy! The pool area was perfect for our children. Every staff member we saw was friendly and the front desk person was very nice. The food at the restaurant was also very good. The location was perfect as well, close to MOA, the airport, and the MN Zoo.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
reggie952445, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Ron Theis
GM

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Charged double, and no return call from management for over 3 weeks. Very disappointed and will never return to this location. Kids in the pool area were out of control, with footballs flying across the two pools and many kids unsupervised. 20-30 min check wait, and only one front desk person who was very overwhelmed. Loud, obnoxious and terrible service!

Room Tip: Noisy on most floors. Expect a party like atmosphere throughout the evening.
1  Thank Ksaintjohn
Michael L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dearest Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 952-814-2909.

Michael Lewis
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I grew up in Bloomington, MN and came back to visit family. I got a hotel room for part of my stay so family can come and visit and the kids can play. Let me share my pro's and cons...

Pro's first:
1. Walking distance to the Mall of America
2. the pool area was nice for the kids
3. breakfast was quick and easy and had several choices.

Con's:
1. beware when you check in they place a large hold on your credit card
2. Our room was NASTY...when we got into our room there was dirty wash clothes hanging in the bathroom, a cup that looked like pee or beer was in it. The coffee pods had holes in them and there are crackers, pills, toe nail clippings and other stuff on the floor. I called to the front desk and asked to be put in another room. I was told the only other room was in the far back of the hotel (totally not true, they could of placed us in a pool side room but that would have been an upgrade). Then the front desk called me back...they said if I checked in at 3:30pm why am I calling them at 7...I explained when I checked in I didn't go to my room I actually went to my parents house to visit then came back with my kids (my kids were at my parents while I checked in). So..rudely the lady named Erica at the front desk said "oh I see" and then sent someone to my room. I CLEANED THE ROOM! I stripped the beds down, pillow cases off, towels gathered. The guy came and handed me one set of sheets and took the dirty laundry. I asked for a 2nd pair for the 2nd bed...he returned with another set. Then I asked for the top sheet for each of the beds comforters....I guess they don't change these in between visitors normally! I also had to request pillow cases.
3. The pool has so much chlorine it literally burns your skin if you go into the water, if you don't your eyes will burn even not being in the water! The kids enjoyed swimming but every child that went in complained about their skin hurting and eyes burning (they did have goggles on too). Don't think there is any control over kids in the pool, no staff was ever seen and kids were out of control often with no parents around. The towels were rarely in stock and were the size of a hand towel so I'd suggest bringing your own.
4. The "TJ"s restaurant/room service. - we couldn't find a menu anywhere, I called them...they said well just go online and rambled off the website. I did place an order and when we got our food it was beyond spicy....the french dip very spicy and the BBQ burger was so spicy my son wouldn't eat it (my son is 18).
5. Bring a pillow...there are 4 mini pillows on each bed, these are worse then then $1.98 pillows from walmart...no kidding I went to walmart to purchase a pillow for $2 to get me through my few days at the hotel.
6. Walls are paper thin. When the people next to you cough you hear it, pee (yep pee) you can hear the urine hitting the water! Non-stop people talking in the halls keeps you up all night and very early in the morning.
7. Did I mention the nasty dirty room I had to clean, my nephew found crackers under the bed and blood stains (or wine I pray) on the pillows and on the floor!
8. Check in lady was also Erica and she was very rude.
9. Internet is about as fast as dial-up.

I wouldn't pay $25/night to stay here. I have stayed at 2 star's that are much cleaner and staff much more friendly than this place. So disappointing!!! For $200/night the least they could do is be polite and have relatively clean rooms or fix the mistake in any way they could...I didn't think we should have had to change out everything...my mom brought me Clorox wipes to wipe down the room, I wish I had a vacuum too. The next day they came in and made our beds....no new towels, no vacuuming and no coffee replacement.

Never again will I ever stay at another Best Western of any kind!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
1  Thank stacy h

Dear Guest-
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Michael Lewis
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We just completed a stay here which included my wife and 2 kids ages 4 and 8. The location is nice if you are visiting the mall, it's a short walk (less than 5min) or they will also shuttle you over. The rooms were clean. The beds were too soft for my liking but you can't please everyone there I guess. My one complaint is the pool hours are 8am-11pm every day especially if you have a pool side or pool view room (we had pool view). I don't mind the 8am but when you are trying to get kids or yourselves to sleep and all you hear is the people yelling and jumping in the pool it makes it quite difficult. Both nights people were in the pool until 11 so it makes for a late night. I don't think closing the pool at even 10pm would be unreasonable especially on weeknights. If we stayed again I would probably request a room away from the pool. That being said my kids had a blast in the pool and the splash area was great for the younger kids. Breakfast was nothing special but nice if you are in a hurry or on a budget.

Room Tip: If you want to get to sleep before 11 pick a room away from the pool.

Ron Theis
GM

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This is a lovely hotel with very nice & clean rooms. Our room was spacious & quiet with nice furnishings. The breakfast in the morning was very adequate, had all the necessities to get the day started. It's right across the street from Mall Of America & they have shuttles to take you there. The pool area is very large, with both a regular pool & a kiddie pool, plus hot tub. There are video games & plenty of tables down there too. Our only issue was with an employee. Jonetta checked us in & seemed distracted or annoyed that we were there. She was very short with us when asking our info & did not make eye contact once. I tried to ask questions about the shuttle & when it left. She answered the phone in the middle of answering me & went on to help the person on the phone, without finishing my answer. We just took our keys & went to the room. A while later we came back to the lobby to ride the shuttle to the Mall Of America. We had to wait about 15 minutes because the shuttle was at the airport & that was just fine. While waiting, we overheard Jonetta talking with a coworker about another employee. She was making demeaning comments & laughing. She was not talking quietly. We were not the only people in the lobby. Just thought that was very disrespectful & shouldn't happen in the lobby. All the other employees we spoke to were very friendly & helpful. The shuttle drivers were very nice & punctual. The morning crew at the front desk were great too. They were upbeat & easy to approach. Housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning our room. We didn't let our check in or other situation effect our rating. We enjoyed our stay & will be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeventyFiveAlive

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.