“We Always Eat Here When Visiting the Mall of America”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #6 of 226 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We first ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp at the Mall of America years ago and knew we'd eat there again when visiting town recently. The restaurant does not disappoint. The atmosphere is casual, the staff is super friendly, and the seafood is delicious. My husband and I shared the Shrimper's Heaven and my daughter had the Shrimp Shack Mac & Cheese. Portions are large and the prices are reasonable. We always like to stop at their store next to the restaurant for a Bubba Gump shirt to take home. We love shrimp so the Shrimper's Heaven dish was perfect for trying shrimp cooked 4 difference ways. I've heard the "I'm Stuffed Shrimp" is a great dish as well. You really cannot go wrong eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp and we highly recommend it.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

My family of 5 enjoys seafood but rarely gets a chance to have it. We enjoyed a variety of shrimp choices and had some fish as well. We paid a reasonable price and didn't leave anything for a to go box.

1  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

It's a chain, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff, decor, and food all get an A+. I had Lt. Dan's specialty drink and his shrimp and sausage bourbon meal. I'm still dreaming of the goodness! Make sure to stop in the gift shop on the way out. Great shirts with Forrest sayings!

1  Thank wilsongarrett
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

If you like the movie Forest Gump then you will like this place. Pretty decent selection of food, lots of shrimp different ways.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

You can have your shrimp any way you want it here, just be prepared to pay for it. With appetizer and 1 cocktail each we spent $50/person. Some specialty cocktails come with keepsake glass. Curiosity demanded we try the Coronarita: a margarita with a corona upended in it. We give it a thumbs-down. Unless you like a watered-down beer finish. The sweet & spicy shrimp appetizer should be turned into a main dish. It's fabulous! Also tasty: the spinach/artichoke dip, which even my teenage son admitted was good. The coconut shrimp was delicious. Would have liked a little heat in the sauce, but ate myself silly. Hubby had a steam pot with Cajun seasoning. You'll have to peel the shrimp, and we didn't like the Cajun seasoning so much. Maybe try the garlic version? The chocolate chip cookie sundae was a bit disappointing: the cookie was crisp all the way through, and the peanuts are totally unnecessary. The key lime pie was perfect: sweet and tart and light.