See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on TÁ reviews and a local friend’s advice about its location as a central spot in this tourist hub. What we did NOT bargain for was the non-stop traffic jam in front of the hotel which made leaving the hotel all but impossible. Our Uber advanced 2 car lengths in one half hour one day and we decided to change destinations based on time calculated to get there. One day during our stay we were told it would take two hours to get to a beach 10 miles away! Back in the hotel, there are no public spaces beyond the breakfast area —- which is nice but they do not allow you to stay there after breakfast ends. The rooms are tiny — at least ours was so small that our luggage was stacked and nested and we still could not open the door without it hitting the luggage. The hotel staff was kind enough but told us we could not change to a larger room -even though we saw it was larger and vacant the entire time we were there. Floripa is a hot destination in Brazilian tourism but the hotel Don Zepe was like a jail for us from which we could not get paroled — we left for our departing flight 5 hours before flight time and thankfully made it out.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Don Zepe Hotel was below the standards I would expect for the cost. Breakfast was taste less and the wifi does not work in the rooms. I told staff but staff say it is a courtesy. Would recommend staying at a hostel instead you will get better service and value for money.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Situated right in the heart of East Island, this hotel offers a wonderful buffet breakfast, wifi, great views, helpful staff and clean rooms. Hot water showers, fridge in room as well as air con ever seen cycle make this a brilliant mid price place.

Room tip: 3rd floor has great views of the lake.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed 5 days on my own here in this hotel. It's no frills, but for the money you can't beat it! It's in a GREAT location, you can walk to everything in town. The breakfast area was nice and the breakfast which was included in the price was decent with lots to choose from --breads, fruits, cheeses, deli meat, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. The room is basic, but all you need for a comfortable stay. There's cable (Digital Net) TV in the room which has music channels to choose from which I found cool. There's a mini-fridge, desk and closet with ample space for clothing and having air-conditioning was a plus. Also the shower had one of those waterfall shower heads! I enjoyed that. The staff was great, they helped when I had questions. One lady spoke English very well, the others I spoke to in Spanish. So it worked for me with regard to communicating and knowing no Portuguese. They have pretty good security there too, you have to flash your key to get buzzed in. The hotel was clean and smelled clean; overall it was aesthetically pleasing. Probably the only downside for me was that there was only one working plug. The others didn't seem to work for me, and I had an adapter too. Not sure what that was about but the plug that did work was in a very convenient location in front of the bathroom so I didn't mind so much.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DDASILVA1114
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Tiny rooms with harsh lighting and no balcony. On the plus side it was clean, with a fridge, TV, Air-conditioning and a good breakfast.

Wi-Fi worked well for 4 out of 7 nights we were there – asked several times for it to be fixed to no avail. Reception staff friendly but not all spoke English.

Noise from the busy road outside and other guests was a problem. Central to Lago and the bus terminal has good links to local beaches.

Upon check-out the hotels card machine wouldn’t accept payment resulting in an expensive call back to the UK to be told nothing was wrong with my card. Had to find a cash-point to withdraw a substantial amount of cash in two instalments resulting in further charges to myself which could have been avoided.

Date of stay: April 2012