See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Wow. I only gave one star because there isn't an option for less. I only stayed one night. Had it been a better experience I would have booked for the following week but I'm glad I tested it first. Floors are not carpeted, and is cracking and coming up. The air conditioning was really loud. You had to have the tv up so loud to hear it over the a/c that it was better just to turn it off and save the headache. Everything I touched felt wet from humidity and age, even the floor. The bedding was dirty - not just the top blanket, but all of it. You could tell which bed was either newer than the other or one was used more than the other because they were two different heights (not a big issue, but the one bed looked caved in from wear). The ceiling was cracked and some looked like it could fall any day. The doors and walls around the doors had splashes of something dried on it. There was dirt/food caked on the floor. The clean towels they provide for you are stored on a shelf that is obviously never cleaned. On top of all this, someone from the hotel tried to come in my room at 11:30 while I was sleeping. Fortunately I had the latch and deadbolt secured. When I went to the door he said I was not supposed to be in that room and he was going to call the police. I told him to call the police because I wasn't opening the door until they arrived. It ended up being a misunderstanding because of the computer in the office, but it didn't make morning come any faster so I could get out of there. I think sleeping in my car would have even been a better option.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank xjrosie
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I'm sitting in my room, as unhappy to be here as St. Paul was to be in a Roman prison. He paid less to be there though, at least monetarily. Was assigned an upper-story room about as far from the entry ways as physically possible. It's hot, 94 degrees in Detroit today. My AC cannot keep up with the heat - my room is 85.8 degrees in the early evening. Can't tell if the AC can go higher - the temperature knob's been ripped off and is gone. Thanks, maintenance staff, for catching that. The refrigerator works though. Ice machine works, and there's stuff in the vending machines. St. Paul didn't have ice or vending machines.

Room Tip: It's hard to tell which side of the hotel is the "sun side". It seems to be both.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank terrymA1171SS
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Dirtiest motel 6 of ALL TIME. I dontbthink housekeeping even cleaned. Looks likw thet just remade bed and gave fresh towels. We stayed in room 323 upon entering i noticed the floors felt dirty and unclean. The blanket had cigarette burns. The sheets had hairs and crumbs. The bathroom had pubes in the tub hair stuck to shower walks, toilet was not even cleaned urin all over and under lid and base. The black sink counter top had dust the tv has dust the hvac was filthy
The microfridhe was never wiped out. I suggest keep driving. Only reason we stsyed was because we only needed the rooms for the dogs while wttending a game. Tp use the tpilet i had to squat. I have pictures of all of this

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 31 July 2015

It was the lowest price I could find on the internet, but with a few flaws to remind me of the low price. The TV remote did not have a battery. Since the TV's buttons were blocked, no remote is no TV. The fridge contained the previous guest's lunch. The steel door had been kicked and bent enough that I saw light through the gap.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Innsbroke
Reviewed 20 June 2015

This has a very urban feel, but the staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and well decorated for the price. Many people are contractors in the area, so you know that they will not stay in a crappy joint.

The frig has a separate freezer which means your fruit and veggies will not freeze. The decor is ok, but check that you have enough towels. The staff is quite will to give you them, although you must go to the desk. There is NO free WiFi. However, it is $3 so not a great expense considering the overall cost of the hotel. If you don't need it overnight, there is a Starbucks down the road. However, the coffee will cost you the $3.

There is coffee in the morning, but not water for tea. There is a microwave in the room to heat water or food of a good size.

The room we had was on the 3rd floor. I would recommend this floor if you are on the parking side of the hotel. It can be a little noisy. There is an elevator.

My major drawback was the lobby which is closed at 8pm. You have to check in at an open hallway which can make you feel you are at a hostel instead of a hotel. Again, the staff is really nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite of the parking lot on the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple