See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Room was like being in bar cigarette smell was so strong my husband and I both had headaches. There were cars pulling up and obviously doing drug deals in parking lot in front of our room. Air conditioning wasn't working to cool the room to make comfortable.

Room Tip: Door was obviously kicked in one to many times hard to open or close and we had to put chair against it to use as lock
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank V4573TLcarolw
Reviewed 26 June 2017

as soon as we opened the door to our room I would swear snoop dogg and about 10 of his friends had just left no more than 5 minutes ago. the floor looked like it was not vacuumed in months .when I took a shower with the shower head at perfect height for somebody well under 5 ft. and turned the water on some kind of weird bugs flew out of the wall plaster that was peeling off of the wall.slept good though. when we came back the next day our room had not been touched except 2 clean towels. the ice cream was still in the freezer from who knows when.so I left my half eaten sandwich in the refrigerator for future archeologists.out of a scale of 1-10 I would have to rate this one at.006

Room Tip: hire somebody who will work
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank edwardmI3992ZP
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My husband told me to stay away from that hotel. But I said it is located in Warren I am sure it is better than the other two we stayed in. Guess what I was wrong. The room was doable but I will not do it again. The room stunk , the bathtub was filthy and the floors were utterly gross. My first clue was the sign on the door no refunds after 15 mins and a lady was waiting for a refund and then another family had the guy to show them the room and they decide against. Plus what they ask for the night is a joke. So if this hotel is all one can afford by any means go for it the location is very safe and as I said before it is doable. But if one has a choice don't do it

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ate1972
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

It was cheap, convenient, and clean. I booked this because it stated breakfast was included, however because it was a holiday(4th of July) they didn't serve breakfast. Disappointed me and my family. They should put that in their site. All and all ok experience. Only stayed one night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2015

This was the worst motel experience of my life. First off I couldn't open the door. The door doesn't lock both mechanisms were destroyed. The deadbolt was gone and the chain was gone. Second the room smelled okay but it looked like someone had a wwe match in there! There was paint chips all over the place the walls were covered in whatever!!! I turned on the sink and to my surprise a roach hopped out to say hi from the wall. Inspecting my bed I encounter a lovely bedbug on the pillow. This was the end of my trip. I immediately left and found another motel. You get what you pay for is an understatement. I wouldn't want criminals staying in that room. if i could give this a rating i would give this a -10. This place should be shut down. I hope I didn't pickup any bedbugs on the way out.

Roaches, bed bugs, pieces of paint and lead all over the place, a broken door, shady area. Just stay away don't even think about staying here . I would rather sleep out on van dyke road.

Room Tip: Don't even go here at all. STAY AWAY. Please!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Mike S, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Warren / Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and we are very sorry you had a bad experience at our property. There is never an excuse for an experience like that. I have shared your comments with our entire staff to make certain this does not happen again. I would like you to know that the room was inspected for bugs and there was not evidence at all of bed bugs or roaches. We have rented that room since your stay and the occupants have not had any encounters with buds. Again, we appreciate your comments, they always help us improve our operation.